• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hsp monster truck gear help

Nikonite

5 minutes ago, tomr said:

If you take a look on this advert scroll down to the pics and you'll see a pic with the gearbox support http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HSP-1-8-Scale-RTR-2-4GHz-Nitro-2-Speed-4x4-RC-Off-Road-Monster-Truck-/371638676893?hash=item5687642d9d:g:5uMAAOSwtJZXWFnU

Brilliant thanks!  The blocks are quite worn so I will try and pick 2 new ones up. Thanks again for all your help guys

^_^ that's how mine was listed lol,  I've ordered the parts as blacksmith doesn't allow collection do I got them all cheaper from China. Just have to wait now :( my fiasco continues though,  I found out the metallic rattling from my kyosho sandmaster is also a worn main gear so need to find one of them. Ordered 2 x 3600 nimh batteries and a charger for the electric car and the batteries are too big for it lol. I won't say how much I've spent so far but let's say it's "significant"  and I still don't have a fully working car! 

17 minutes ago, Nikonite said:

^_^ that's how mine was listed lol,  I've ordered the parts as blacksmith doesn't allow collection do I got them all cheaper from China. Just have to wait now :( my fiasco continues though,  I found out the metallic rattling from my kyosho sandmaster is also a worn main gear so need to find one of them. Ordered 2 x 3600 nimh batteries and a charger for the electric car and the batteries are too big for it lol. I won't say how much I've spent so far but let's say it's "significant"  and I still don't have a fully working car! 

It will be good when its finished and satisfying having done the work yourself.  Ok it should have been described properly, but Im trying to look for positives here lol

• Like 1

On 22 June 2016 at 18:23, Nikonite said:

No this is mine and it's genuinely almost new :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tomr said:

No this is mine and it's genuinely almost new :)

I don't suppose you could take a photo of the engine area for me so I can see the aluminum block part? Would help a lot. I got some driveshafts today,  wrong size!  I'm really bad at this :(  Cheers 

15 minutes ago, Nikonite said:

I don't suppose you could take a photo of the engine area for me so I can see the aluminum block part? Would help a lot. I got some driveshafts today,  wrong size!  I'm really bad at this :(  Cheers 

I've got it boxed up ready for sale :(

suppose I could unpack it again give me 5 mins or so 

2 minutes ago, Nikonite said:

I don't know what is going on with these things but I ordered the dogbone part numbers listed on the diagram, the pack says 60064p which is what the diagram says but the ones I have are bigger by about 8mm :(  

Is it the centres or rears ?

Thanks Tomr, I'm sorry if I had known it was wrapped I would never have asked. I feel bad now! It looks like I am missing some of them circles with the screws in too on the throttle wire and the green bit :(

Edited by Nikonite

1 minute ago, Nikonite said:

Oh no, I was looking at a different model on that diagram, it also has an off road buggy :(  I bet most of what I ordered was wrong! £80 worth

Wow .

send it all back you can buy my truck for £95 delivered to your door then sell the other one and it would of cost you next to nothing.

mine is literally brand new with some upgrades and has a 21 engine 

Its all from ebay, ali express and a uk model shop. I doubt they would take it back and post back would be a fortune. I'll have to list it all on ebay or something. I am now over £500 into the hobby and still without a fully working car. Nitrotek don't seem to list the other driveshaft 62022p and I cant find it on ebay :(

Edited by Nikonite

According to my manual its this one http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/spare-parts/hsp-racing/hsp-h94762-1-8-rc-nitro-truck/hsp-60096p-center-rear-dogbone-96mm-2-pcs-for-hsp-1-8-scale-nitro-monster-truck.html

before ordering best to measure the bones on your other truck to double check your buying the right length shafts

Edited by tomr