• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What engine to go for losi 5ive

norcoforever

I am currently looking at upgrading the engine in 5ive but have no idea what route to go down. I'm more bothered about reliability and ease of use than outright power. I also don't want a g320 as I don't seem to get on well with them. My options atm are stock zen 29cc Longblock, pro mx 29cc long block or zen 29cc longblock with an esp head kit though not keen on messing with pistons etc does anyone have any thoughts?

Just now, .AJ. said:

I love my G320 based engines, but if I had to go for something different I would build an engine around one of these

https://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/esp-4-bolt-modified-30.5cc-high-torque-championship-ported-36mm-zenoah-30.5cc-kit.html

The only thing putting me off is changing the piston over as I managed to destroy a piston previously dealing with those little clips lmfao any tips or thoughts?

Maybe have a word with Nige and see if he could fit the head kit to a new long block for you? If he can't, I'm sure he will know someone who would. 

But if that's too much messing about, I would just get a Scotty Pro MX, either way you are going to get a great engine :good:

• Like 1

I have the kit that AJ posted and am very happy with it and it more than held its own against various other modified engines when I was racing and helped me get a couple of A final podium finishes in the nationals last year.

Edited by supersavage
  • Like 2

Hmm I've just priced up a cy 4 bolt bottom end and high torque kit with stuffed crank and it's about £180 delivered from Ddm. BTW the reason for the cy case is it comes with bearings installed whereas the zenoah doesn't and I don't have a press

Edited by norcoforever