• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Used byrons for the first time

Rory

A mate gave me some byrons 25% like 8 years ago, just remembered I had it in the garage tonight. 

So went and ran the hyper st Lrp 28 on it, coming from vp max basher 20% it seems to burn so much cleaner. I had to lean the low end in so much, and it is now snappy off the the line in a way it's never been. 

Going to use the byrons in the .26s in my gtx2 , hoping they will like like it better than the oily vp! 

Edited by Rory

If its Byron Race, it appears 'clean' as it has less oil / unit fuel than most others.

'25%' is 25% nitromethane, 11% synthetic oil, 64% methanol.

You might find you need to enrichen slightly as temperatures might get a bit high, perhaps not.

I liked the fuel, and used it in my ZR32Spec2 LRP, then in my Raminator - now electric.

It may well have been that my settings were out, but also that despite the power, it was hurling a heavy truck - alloy and carbon LST2 specification Raminator.

Al.

8years old... that would be like Byron Generation 1 lol

Were on Byron Race Gen 2 now... (wonder when 3 will hit?)

Give it a good shake to ensure its all mixed - i know the methane can easily leak out of an unsealed bottle....

Ziggy

Yip gave it a good shake and it works fine, been stored in a cool garage all this time! 

Its race , I had a look.  Nice clean burning fuel.