• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARRMA NERO 6S MT - Smart Diffs!

capri-boy

30 minutes ago, evssv said:

^^^:yes::yes::yes:...do we have a price for it???

$800 with smart diffs and $700 without :o thats going to be £650+ for us i bet

1 minute ago, evssv said:

pass...:rolleyes:....pity as I like it....guess it along the lines of the summit diff wise but more hd....:yes:

ik. i think i will wait for second hand ones :P 

17 minutes ago, evssv said:

yep..:yes:.aslong as I can go see if its on ebay....:rolleyes:.

well i can already see those diff servos being broken on the ebay models. 

2 hours ago, Tug said:

I like all the tricks they've built in, especially the locking diffs, it means you can do more than one style of driving with just one truck. 

One word 'Summit'

Unfortunately the Nero doesn't do it for me, yes a 6s monster truck is great but over the rocky stuff it looked like it just didn't belong.

Just now, Tug said:

Yeah, I'll wait to see what people are breaking, then decide, but this looks fun! 

Quite a shopping list you've been putting together over the past few days :lol:

1 minute ago, stretch said:

Quite a shopping list you've been putting together over the past few days :lol:

I'm trying to be good, honest I am! Then fun stuff appears! 

6 minutes ago, stretch said:

One word 'Summit'

Unfortunately the Nero doesn't do it for me, yes a 6s monster truck is great but over the rocky stuff it looked like it just didn't belong.

"Summit, but better!"? ;)

Perhaps this is what the Summit should've been? 

8 hours ago, stretch said:

One word 'Summit'

I thought the same thing, but then realised thats more about the shell than anything else. For something they are selling as a 'do everything' truck they have very much gone for the low and sleek look of a high speed truggy more than the tall and realistic style of a crawler. If it came with a Summit like body it would look better.

Price is high, but in line with E-revos etc. Whether you'd want this over a Revo will depend on build quality and whether it really can 'do it all'.

23 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Pretty much what I said earlier ^^^

What's wrong with that? The Summit has Traxxas glass diffs, this doesn't AND has a lockable CD! It's faster and probably tougher, this all sounds far superior to the Summit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

What's wrong with that? The Summit has Traxxas glass diffs, this doesn't AND has a lockable CD! It's faster and probably tougher, this all sounds far superior to the Summit.

Nothing. The Revo and Summit are both rigs I would have. IF they weren't Traxxarse. And you know how much I want a Savvy. This thing is a win win draw situation. I never once said there was anything wrong with it. 

1 minute ago, chewbacca said:

Nothing. The Revo and Summit are both rigs I would have. IF they weren't Traxxarse. And you know how much I want a Savvy. This thing is a win win draw situation. I never once said there was anything wrong with it. 

With so many tricks up its sleeve, it could be the perfect trail-walker? 

2 hours ago, Si Coe said:

I thought the same thing, but then realised thats more about the shell than anything else. For something they are selling as a 'do everything' truck they have very much gone for the low and sleek look of a high speed truggy more than the tall and realistic style of a crawler. If it came with a Summit like body it would look better.

Price is high, but in line with E-revos etc. Whether you'd want this over a Revo will depend on build quality and whether it really can 'do it all'.

A summit type shell won't help with its poor ground clearance.  

I can't see it replacing a solid axle crawler but if this Nero is tough it could corner the market in both bashing truggies and MTs. 

Just now, Tug said:

With so many tricks up its sleeve, it could be the perfect trail-walker? 

They'd have to be wide trails :yes:

This isn't really faster than the Savvy or Revo since speed is just a matter of the esc/motor used. It would be no real trouble for Traxxas to fit the Revo or Summit with the same electric for a 2016 edition and be just as quick. So this truck needs to be more than just rapid to justify that price. It needs to deliver quality at least on par with Traxxas and HPI. 

• Like 1