• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

EU referendum

Ziggy122

Voting to Stay in or out the EU  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to vote on the EU In or out referendum?

• In
    • Out
    • I Cant Vote yet / i Dont know yet
    • Im not going to vote

9 hours ago, Noj said:

Had a gut feeling the Brexit camp would win, no doubt voting solely based on immigration. 

Such a narrow minded view :rolleyes:

Everyone I know personally who voted out (myself included) did so to retain democracy mainly and the freedom to vote. Something many people have lost their lives to ensure we got it. Nobody I know voted out because of immigration 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Noj said:

Had a gut feeling the Brexit camp would win, no doubt voting solely based on immigration. 

Not a happy Noj this morning....

Experts have looked at the votes and places with higher immigration levels mostly had a low leave count.  It was from the BBC

Well they have said it. We are going to be made example of  to stop others doing the same.  You can just tell that the leaders of the EU are very nice people.

• Like 1

Immigration was a strong point for me, but the people I heard tall about it with passion was other immigrants.  One on a panel said he was fed up of eu immigrants filling the quota stopping them bringing family over. 

It's not about the people for me tho its the fact we are full and still half the world wants to come. 

The well uk exports just as many people over seas as it takes on. But most of those are expats in retirement taking their life savings to retire in the sun. Mayb go broke and come home afew years later after being chewed up and spat out by that country. Spain. England also pays people welfare who live in Europe apparantly. But uk has to pay welfare to the incomers and send money over seas to their baby mamas. 

It wasn't a fair system at all. I've never seen job ads asking me to jump on a bus to a granteed job and accommodation like some tescos has been offering.  My last job laid me off apparantly no work.  The next day two friends sent me pics or a coach arriving.  That was a right set up. I was just about to finish my contract with the agency and be eligible to sign with the company. Agencies don't want their staff going permanent tho I figured. Less books for them.

We all know this isn't stopping immigration tho but it will be controlled were not all shaving our heads and wearing England shirts just yet lol.  

Well I am haha but I always wear England shirts I love the way they feel warm in the cold, cool in the hot and so damn soft. Plus pleasing to the eye and today was my normal hair cut day. 

In some ways we'll miss the eu, there's msny cases the uk govt tried to screw over its people and the eu court over turned it and put the uk govt in its seat. Especially within the family court.

4 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

How did the £ do in the end? Did the € suffer too?

I just wread $2 trillion has been wiped off the global market. 

The pound and euro suffered. Again predicted. The pound came back a little but the damage is pretty bad - it took the worst hit in 30 years but the damage to the Euro is going to upset the Germans a great deal. They are now looking at the EUs future stability so giving the UK a good leave package is looking less likely. 

The stock market will recover but the issue now is recession. People will stop investing in the UK until they understand what it will look like once the split is complete. 1 major investment bank is already leaving and more will follow. Morgan Stanley is going to Frankfurt.

The other hit will be pensions, both private and state. Buy then screw the old people, it looks like they wanted out, tipped the balance but won't have to live with the consequences.  The exit polls show younger people wanted to stay in. Quite sad that bitter old people ruined the futures prosperity.

Again this was predicted, called scaremongering but in fact was a valid warning. 

• Like 2

I think a lot of people have just had enough.  The government say we are in it together which was bull.  And the EU leaders saying the UK voters are idiots and all the males are racist just before voting didn't help.   You have to remember that a lot of peoples pensions have already been destroyed / no pay risers for years  and a lot more poverty.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tug said:

I'm amazed at how close the final count was. 

Interesting spread across the regions; in vs out. 

I voted in. 

The voting system is strange really   as Scotland shouldn't of got a vote  as they can vote again.  It would be like asking your workers to vote on something  but just before the vote they hire more people just for voting day.

4 minutes ago, turok007 said:

The voting system is strange really   as Scotland shouldn't of got a vote  as they can vote again.  It would be like asking your workers to vote on something  but just before the vote they hire more people just for voting day.

Also, 17 million people just made a decision that effects 66 million UK residents, that almost seems unfair? 

• Like 1

Still find it funny how people voted leave based on immigration and extra money for the NHS, whoever believed them is a bit of an idiot... and what a surprise they did a u-turn on both those policies.

Also, why are there people saying, I never thought we'd actually leave, that's why I voted leave... How stupid is that, I'm going to vote leave because I don't think we'll actually leave.

And searches for "what is brexit" and "what is the EU" on google rocketed in the UK yesterday after the vote was revealed, don't vote in something you know nothing about.

Also the people who say "take our country back from a un elected elite" what about our monarchy...

"So. To summarise:

The pound hits a 31 year low (I was 10 back then).

£180bn has been wiped off the FTSE.

The two together mean we are no longer the world's 5th largest economy. We just fell behind France.

Housebuilding firms lost 40% of their value this morning. Homes will lose £20,000 of their value by the end of the year.

Bank shares are down 30%. We still own chunks of them. Morgan Stanley are preparing to move 2000 jobs out of the city.

The cap on energy company prices has been cancelled. We import electricity through undersea cables from France and the Netherlands and gas from Norway. Prices are rising.

Small businesses are getting notices from overseas suppliers, cancelling quotes and putting trade on hold.

Posts from various friends around the UK say projects are being cancelled, and EU funding pulled.

Cornwall - which voted to leave - is demanding that the UK match the £60m a year the EU used to give them.

Standard & Poor are reviewing our country's AAA credit rating as they think we're going back into recession.

Gibraltar voted Remain. Spain wants joint control.

Scotland is moving towards a second referendum and independence. Northern Ireland is moving towards unification. London is talking about city state status. The United Kingdom is almost certainly breaking up.

Cameron has quit. He hasn't invoked Article 50. Johnson is saying he can't see any reason to invoke it. The other EU countries are saying we can't delay that move.

The Leave campaign have backtracked on their 'more money for the NHS' promise and on capping immigration.

Got our country back, though."

• Like 2

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says she will seek "immediate discussions" with Brussels to "protect Scotland's place in the EU" after UK's vote to leave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629331

What about all the people who voted exit in this referendum?

The 2nd referendum petition now has over a million signatures https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215 although i'm not sure if a a second referendum can be held? someone did mention legally it could as article 50 hasn't been invoked?

In a separate petition more than 100,000 people have called on London Mayor Sadiq Khan to declare the English capital independent from the UK and apply to join the EU.

Edited by stretch

10 minutes ago, Tug said:

Also, 17 million people just made a decision that effects 66 million UK residents, that almost seems unfair? 

what % do you want then.   But my point was about a part of the country gets a vote but if they don't like it then they have another vote.

16 minutes ago, ostewart said:

Still find it funny how people voted leave based on immigration and extra money for the NHS, whoever believed them is a bit of an idiot... and what a surprise they did a u-turn on both those policies.

Also, why are there people saying, I never thought we'd actually leave, that's why I voted leave... How stupid is that, I'm going to vote leave because I don't think we'll actually leave.

And searches for "what is brexit" and "what is the EU" on google rocketed in the UK yesterday after the vote was revealed, don't vote in something you know nothing about.

Also the people who say "take our country back from a un elected elite" what about our monarchy...

"So. To summarise:

The pound hits a 31 year low (I was 10 back then).

£180bn has been wiped off the FTSE.

The two together mean we are no longer the world's 5th largest economy. We just fell behind France.

Housebuilding firms lost 40% of their value this morning. Homes will lose £20,000 of their value by the end of the year.

Bank shares are down 30%. We still own chunks of them. Morgan Stanley are preparing to move 2000 jobs out of the city.

The cap on energy company prices has been cancelled. We import electricity through undersea cables from France and the Netherlands and gas from Norway. Prices are rising.

Small businesses are getting notices from overseas suppliers, cancelling quotes and putting trade on hold.

Posts from various friends around the UK say projects are being cancelled, and EU funding pulled.

Cornwall - which voted to leave - is demanding that the UK match the £60m a year the EU used to give them.

Standard & Poor are reviewing our country's AAA credit rating as they think we're going back into recession.

Gibraltar voted Remain. Spain wants joint control.

Scotland is moving towards a second referendum and independence. Northern Ireland is moving towards unification. London is talking about city state status. The United Kingdom is almost certainly breaking up.

Cameron has quit. He hasn't invoked Article 50. Johnson is saying he can't see any reason to invoke it. The other EU countries are saying we can't delay that move.

The Leave campaign have backtracked on their 'more money for the NHS' promise and on capping immigration.

Got our country back, though."

We will vote again then praise the EU  for how fantastic they are.

I'm sure I heard Corbyn say there IS a loophole were big corporation's can/could employ a migrant from a low paying eu country and pay them the equivalent here as they would get over there. This is where the issue of under cutting brits wages comes in. I need to look into this further.

And it's about time zero hour contracts were banned too.

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, turok007 said:

what % do you want then.   But my point was about a part of the country gets a vote but if they don't like it then they have another vote.

I understand it was a democratic vote, winner wins etc. It's just that the far reaching consequences won't be apparent to most of the voters. It's been said before, but the general populationare not qualified to make a decision of this magnitude, not even close to realising what this means for the entire country. 

• Like 1

How long will this go on for? 51.8% of the voting population wanted to leave, just because others didn't get their way they're wanting another vote. It's utterly ridiculous, we wouldn't call another general election if 1,000,000 people signed a petition. People just need to respect what the out come was and live with it, this would have been the same what ever the outcome. It's as pathetic as Scotland wanting another vote only 2 years after their last one. I think that England, Wales and northern Ireland should vote on wether we want Scotland to stay part of the UK as they're better off sticking with us (in my opinion).

Rant over

Edited by Alex97
  • Like 3

Just now, Tug said:

I understand it was a democratic vote, winner wins etc. It's just that the far reaching consequences won't be apparent to most of the voters. It's been said before, but the general populationare not qualified to make a decision of this magnitude, not even close to realising what this means for the entire country. 

The government should of tried to shown everyone facts. Not just sound bites from people no one trusts. 

2 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

How long will this go on for? 51.8% of the voting population wanted to leave, just because others didn't get their way they're wanting another vote. It's utterly ridiculous, we wouldn't call another general election if 1,000,000 people signed a petition. People just need to respect what the out come was and live with it, this would have been the same what ever the outcome. It's as pathetic as Scotland wanting another vote only 2 years after their last one. I think that England, Wales and northern Ireland should vote on wether we want Scotland to stay part of the UL as they're better off sticking with us (in my opinion).

Rant over

When the Main EU people vote  they get told to keep voting until the leader gets the right outcome.

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Yes, non vote should be taken as keep things as they are.

that way change would have to be forced by people turning out to vote Brexit.

our credibility as a nation just dropped off a cliff

6 minutes ago, The Hound said:

Yes, non vote should be taken as keep things as they are.

that way change would have to be forced by people turning out to vote Brexit.

our credibility as a nation just dropped off a cliff

That's just stupid, if they can't be bothered to vote then their option is irrelevant. 

• Like 2