• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBXL used price and advice

Derka

What's the average used price for one of these?

Unusually, one local to me has come up for sale for £400 'ono'

I'll quote the advert and include pictures.

Any advice on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Getting rid of my rc cars. Never seem to have time to use them.

Losi dbxl- could do with a clean. Shell well used, a couple of mounting points broken. Runs spot on, upgraded engine, fitted with a G320RC and DDM tuned pipe, also comes with standard motor. New Savox steering servo, upgraded clutch housing and clutch bell. Comes with a few spares. £400 ono

855a93765f5b17b25a27e28a3e81ea5e.jpgf89bb1499181b5fdc4fc6dfe61378e19.jpg

Jus treat it like any other  rc imo....look for the normal stuff..Loose excessive play in plastics. .dodgy diff sounds/feelings. ...worn damaged bits. ...that it starts and  idals sweet......has  a kill  switch  fitted is always  good. ...:good:

• Like 1

Seems cheap to me !!! I would probably look for a well looked after one.....I mean if your going to sell it as well used, you'd still give the buyer some confidence and say well maintained....could do with a clean...means can't be arsed..imo...at the end of the day the choice is yours but if I was you I'd keep looking unless you want a project

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

FYI I paid £350 for a DBXL in arguably better condition with more hopups, better servos. I did have to replace the chassis from Dollarhobby but it was $10 and some new arms were $35.

Are you in a position to collect it and pay while your there ?

If you are get him to do a cold start, check over the drive train to make sure it's all good and not loose and wobbly, the bearings going into the diff cases are known for going....

Also check the servos work properly, ask if he has a killswitch for it and show it working.....the suspension is normally not that good until you rebuild them, but check there's no leaky shocks just in case

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

There is no kill switch but that's easily sorted for not that much money?

It's 20 miles away from me hence the interest as nothing like this up in the Highlands you can actually go see in person.

He said he put diff oil in the shocks. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing?

To quote

Wanted more power, still ace the original 23cc to go with it. Stiffer springs also fitted and I've put diff oil in the shocks which stiffens it up well. Skid plates also fitted to the front and rear diffs and spur gear. It has a good few scrapes on the chassis, used but not abused

Had it about a year. Original engine not done much hours, the GX320RC has only done about 5hrs. Runs sweet, plenty power, tyres all good. New steering servo fitted, Savox. Area rc bell housing, updated clutch bell, a few spares to go with it.

Go see it it's not far away and wave £350 cash at him bet he'll take it if your happy with it some times you've just got to be a bit cheeky

• Like 1

Personally the pictures look far better than the description, sometimes people just can't be bothered to write it out properly, if you're local it can work to your advantage if theirs not been much interest and it won't cost you much to go and see.

Just don't seem over excited about it and point out it's bad bits, then if in reality you're happy with how it looks, get £350 out of your pocket.

He's already got it as 'ono' so if he's had little interest and you're there in person ready to take it, he'd be stupid not to do the deal.

Don't be afraid to get in there and have a really good look though, if he doesn't want you to, then just walk away, because it might be hiding something :)