• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing ESC problem!

Alex97

Hello,
While using my SCT pro ESC it cut off after 5 minutes. On first inspection both the ESC and motor were cool but the RC wouldn't move. I've tried using a different battery and this made no difference and checked all the wiring. When turning the ESC on the lights light up and I'm able to turn the servo, I'm also able to calibrate and program (via box) the ESC. The only differences is that it no longer beeps when It's connected to the controller or when I re-calibrated it. I've looked in the manual and I can't see anything that is related to it no longer beeping. 
I've dropped hobbywing an e-mail but they haven't got back to me (2 days).

Thanks

35 minutes ago, TMaxxDave said:

Can you try another motor?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

Yes, I forgot I had one for sale. Let's just hope I have enough solder. I'll make the swap and report back. 

My main concern is that the ESC is no longer making any noise (beeps) even when turned on

10 minutes ago, TMaxxDave said:

Id say the esc is dead but swapping out the motor will confirm that

I was still able to program it tho and it picks up throttle movement.

8 minutes ago, Tug said:

Dry joints on the motor? It's the motor that does the beeping. 

I never knew that. It's a direct connection so I doubt it would be that but I'll give it ago before I change the motor over. I hope it's a dry joint as thats a quick fix.

1 minute ago, alex97 said:

I never knew that. It's a direct connection so I doubt it would be that but I'll give it ago before I change the motor over. I hope it's a dry joint as thats a quick fix.

its true Alex, i found out after my hpi flux esc got broke and everyone told me that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Where was yours from? ie: seller?

The ESC is from amain

The motor is from rcMart

RCmart referred me to hobbywing due to the product being over 90 days old. Hobbywing are yet to get back to me. What is RC mart like for refunds? 

Just now, TMaxxDave said:

ESC is dead :-(

I was always planning on changing it to a 150a one, best get my credit card out. If they do sent me another then i'll just sell it as new still boxed.

1 minute ago, TMaxxDave said:

OR..... the wires are broken internally between the esc and motor but as you cant remove them from the ESC. Same reuslt really. ESC is dead.

I opened the ESC up and i saw no burn marks and everything looked clean and tidy