• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Setting up a quick run esc

Jumper

I am doing this with a new esc for the first time.  I read the instructions and it just beeps.  Flashes green red but never does anything and it won't move. Help :(

Also my car does seem to steer at all and when I turn it on normally it just beep 4 times for 4s then flashes red constantly. 

Edited by Jumper

This esc works the same in the calibration instructions. Might be less chinglishy. If it doesn't have none of it then check your motor wires/connectors are o.k. If still no good it could be rx or esc bad.

http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route=product/product/download&download_id=86

Edited by dazp1976

seems theres a few problems lately with this esc, i have problems with mine and ive noticed this thread and another having problems with the same esc:/ come on hobbywing u can do better than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think Hobbywing are going to read your comment.....

I had issues with mine yesterday but it seemed to sort itself out with a fresh battery

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

Well I tried another battery and it doesn't  work,  but it worked fine with this random 2150kv eBay special motor the other day.  This motor I am using in my hyper St is the quick run 2000kv. How can it not work with there own motors? 

Edited by Jumper

1 minute ago, Jumper said:

Well I tried another battery and it doesn't  work,  but it worked fine with this random 2150kv eBay special motor the other day.  This motor I am using in my hyper St is the quick run 2000kv. How can it not work with there own motors? 

If it worked right with the other motor then redo the connectors on the quicrun 2000 and see if that helps.

I dont think Hobbywing are going to read your comment.....

I had issues with mine yesterday but it seemed to sort itself out with a fresh battery

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

i dont think hobbywing will read my comment eather its just a comment lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazp1976 said:

If it worked right with the other motor then redo the connectors on the quicrun 2000 and see if that helps.

ok i will try that. i have to solder some bullets on another esc tomorrow as well. 

I have transferred it back to the other car and it is not working in that one either now :/

3 hours ago, Jumper said:

I have transferred it back to the other car and it is not working in that one either now :/

Sounds like a solder joint problem then either cable or board related. or a dodgy chip. Intermittent connection when moved about.

What about the bullets on the esc itself?

Send an email with a video of you trying to get it calibrated to show them the problem.

Would be typical if you sent it back and the movement made it come alive when they check it :rolleyes: