• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Tamiya Thread! Aka just ask XVPilot :-)

TMaxxDave

1 minute ago, TMaxxDave said:

£14 for a complete set from Jazrider in HongKong in black. Or £40 for the alloy set.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

How spanked is it going to be? 

Could be tempted for the alloy set, I've already got the rear FRP mount, and Front FRP on the way, and the alloy steering, drive prop and prop cups, so the alloy suspension wouldn't go a miss

4 minutes ago, TMaxxDave said:

Could be tempted for the alloy set, I've already got the rear FRP mount, and Front FRP on the way, and the alloy steering, drive prop and prop cups, so the alloy suspension wouldn't go a miss

Go for it. I've got the rear FRP mount on my DT-03t, will get the front one too. And then I'm tempted to throw some ally at it lol

1 minute ago, TMaxxDave said:

Your a bad influence Mr Chewie

If you like what I do tell others :D

• Like 1

The TBLE-02 is really quite limited as a brushed ESC. The Tamiya GT Tuned motor is about as hot as you can go without triggering it's thermal shutdown.

Any particular reason why you have to go with a brushed motor? The TBLE-02 will go all the way down to 10 turns brushless. I find my TT-02B flies along on a 13.5t, and I haven't even had to go LiPo - I still run NiMH.

So I decided to throw a NiMH pack into my brushless hyper 10tt. Performance wise. Didn't notice much/if any difference between the NiMH pack and a LiPo pack. Which I find very good. Run times might be shorter but it was only a partially charged NiMH pack.

Might sell both my 2s packs and stick fully with NiMH. I find them much easier to maintain. No balance charging.

1 hour ago, TMaxxDave said:

So I decided to throw a NiMH pack into my brushless hyper 10tt. Performance wise. Didn't notice much/if any difference between the NiMH pack and a LiPo pack. Which I find very good. Run times might be shorter but it was only a partially charged NiMH pack.

Might sell both my 2s packs and stick fully with NiMH. I find them much easier to maintain. No balance charging.

1st refusal? :mellow:

IMO they look good in white, to match the white shocks and decals.

Normally I would recommend that you dye them if you want to change their colour, but in the case of preglued wheels and tyres that tends not to work very well as the glue residue around the rims partially blocks the dye and gives a patchy finish.

Paint chips off in no time especially if you are planning to run the car regularly, so I would not recommend it.

Edited by XV Pilot

White shocks will be going into storage for shelf use. To keep them white as ive not found a replacement white set. So ill have a black runner set or the alloy shock setup.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

3750kv equates to around 11.5t to 12.5t, which should be plenty quick and will almost certainly wreck the stock diff, but shouldn't cause any damage once you have upgraded the diff pinion and ring gear to metal ones.

This is the table I use for such comparisons:

RC%20Brushed-Brushless%20Motor%20Convers

As you can see, 2400kv fits in between 16.5t and 17.5t. Judging by what I have read about others' experiences, I wouldn't expect the rear diff to last for ages with such a motor, but you'd probably get a fair bit of use out of it before you need to upgrade.

• Like 1

Ive saved that table. Thank you. 2400kv will do perfectly for my needs. I dont expect the rear diff to last forever. But at least 6 months of light use would be perfect if it could last that long.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

so have built my lunch box an checks its all workin breifly on shop battery!! I have 3300 Mah outlander batteries an a ansmann charger the charger has a output of only 180mah!! Am I right in my math thinking this will take 23 hours to charge!!!!

1 minute ago, rob bark said:

so have built my lunch box an checks its all workin breifly on shop battery!! I have 3300 Mah outlander batteries an a ansmann charger the charger has a output of only 180mah!! Am I right in my math thinking this will take 23 hours to charge!!!!

Can you post a link to the charger?

1 hour ago, TMaxxDave said:

Is it just a simple plug in wall unit?

yes its just a basic wall charger didn't realise it was so rubbish or would have ordered something better!! It doesn't even tell you when battery is charged or shut down!!!

Good suggestion there. A basic but solid charger that one, should be more than adequate for all your NiMH needs. I have been using its predecessor for several years now to good effect.