• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norcos losi 5ive

norcoforever

1 hour ago, norcoforever said:

Another run well half run done and more notes the killer rc super bee is amazing stopped the car as soon as the battery dropted below the correct voltage. Slightly disappointed I only got 3 runs out of a 5200mah lipo wonder if the very low discharge could be the cause or that the servos I'm running are a bit thirsty.

Also a general question is there a reason my front centre shafts is getting hot? There is no binding in the drive train and the servo isn't hot. Is it just the extreme angle causing heat to build up from friction 

Yep just heat build from the angle of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, norcoforever said:

Another run well half run done and more notes the killer rc super bee is amazing stopped the car as soon as the battery dropted below the correct voltage. Slightly disappointed I only got 3 runs out of a 5200mah lipo wonder if the very low discharge could be the cause or that the servos I'm running are a bit thirsty.

Also a general question is there a reason my front centre shafts is getting hot? There is no binding in the drive train and the servo isn't hot. Is it just the extreme angle causing heat to build up from friction 

Looking at the current draw on the Spektrum website for the S9020 is does seem to be more thirsty then other servo's.

Spekky plus lights = short battery life, simples. 

The weight may make a difference too, servo will be working harder to turn the truck.

H, nice drifting there....:good:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Looks ace Dan!

Cheers buddy it's been a lot of hard work but it's awesome to drive and a joy to work on. The only bits left is possibly Outerwares for the cage and possibly a larger mah battery but other than that I'm just going to keep running it. I'm not even convinced I need to change the engine.  The 29cc lump in it is loosening up nicely and running really well. Touch wood lol

I've ordered a wrap for the 30 degree's shell from Uber RC....... Mark now does wraps now and the print quality is out of this world!!

Check out this wrap he did!! You should get one! ;)

13001048_458481151004166_2731599991433280323_n.jpg

Edited by scatteh316
  • Like 3

Lmao its all good. I must admit the killer rc connections are a masive improvement over the darksoul ones i was using previously. I also found the tubing better quality as well.

Scatteh i had looked st the wraps but they cost more than the bodylol 

Well a semi successful bash. The Outerwares does an amazing job. I was running on a freshly cut field and very little got in. The 29cc engine is also plenty peppy enough. Video will be uploaded Monday however the 9020 servo crapped out though so is on its way to freeprawn to deal with horizon. Can't see any reason for the failure as wasn't jumping etc oh and managed to rip two km tyres out of the beadlocks lol

20160506_125105_zpskqhzercj.jpg

20160506_140502_zpsnwli0lcz.jpg

20160506_140507_zpskcfsjwrc.jpg

Edited by norcoforever