• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Firestorm 10T brake problem

Joenitro1993

So I've finally got my second hand firestorm up to running, only problem is it won't brake at all...I've noticed that the brake linkage is pushing all the way over towards the carb, where as my brand new RTR firestorm's linkage is in the correct position. (Comparison pictures shown) what could this be? Is something wrong inside of the transmission box? What's going on here? And help or advice would be very welcome as this problem has left me scratching my head for the last day or so. I've tried to re adjust the throttle servo position but this just leaves the carb slide wide open, besides this, the brakes don't really seem to work either way? I am somewhat of noob to nitro but, could I just need a new transmission box? Or does it need taking apart and maybe a spring replacing? Seems like something inside of it just isn't holding it in the right position. 

image.jpg

image.jpg