• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Guns:  Can u please repost your artr total costing from parts? ( just the number but with leccy details.)  I'd like to run some numbers and this would help immensly. 

I also wish to thank our forums Guinee pigs.  Have fun fellas :)

Also, thankyou OP for the front page updates. 

Edited by Deafty
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

That would be far to easy lol

What  I really want to know, is when you hitting the rough stuff with yours fella. Despite its issues so far? I'm still thinking of getting one ;) so depending n your thoughts will determine wether I pull the plug or not ! .

So come on get a wiggle on :P 

Mate!.... My batteries r charged... Camera is attached to my trans and charged... I'm ready to go. It looks like terrible weather tomoz... And it's my sons bday...and I'm working...and my mrs is a bloody pain at the mo making me feel guilty for even spending the time to post here or urc! :boohoo:

...I'm gonna run it id say tues ... And if i do I'll b staying up to edit the vid and comment on here that night. :good:

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hash said:

Hi is the xmaxx more stable then the savage flux.....I'm thinking of getting one very soon

Yes it is far more stable. I loved my savy flux and speed wise it's in another league, but if you wanted to take any kind of turn at any kind of speed it would roll or tumble if it hit a decent sized stone/Rock.

With the xmaxx being a new form of RC (1/6 MT) it's quite amazing what ground it can tackle. A true credit to the xmaxx's suspension. It's also good fun it the turns, a dab of throttle mid corner will pick up the inside front wheel and slide the rear round kicking up a nice rooster tail while doing so. IMO the suspension setup on the truck is its ace in the hole.

I want to run 50wt oil over the stock 30wt for jumping purposes , but dont want to loose the fun feel you get while driving this truck in stock form.

20 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Mate!.... My batteries r charged... Camera is attached to my trans and charged... I'm ready to go. It looks like terrible weather tomoz... And it's my sons bday...and I'm working...and my mrs is a bloody pain at the mo making me feel guilty for even spending the time to post here or urc! :boohoo:

...I'm gonna run it id say tues ... And if i do I'll b staying up to edit the vid and comment on here that night. :good:

I know that feeling oh to well fella, headless chicken springs to mind lol Your boys bday comes before RC even tho it's tempting to just sneak out I'm sure the wait will be worth it. You waited this long a day or 2 won't hurt .. Weather here is awful so I don't blame you staying indoors no one wants there new ride all muddy and wet on the first run out the second however should be hanging in mud and launching 30ft skyward :D

post up your gearing and temps etc please . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NG15 said:

Yes it is far more stable. I loved my savy flux and speed wise it's in another league, but if you wanted to take any kind of turn at any kind of speed it would roll or tumble if it hit a decent sized stone/Rock.

With the xmaxx being a new form of RC (1/6 MT) it's quite amazing what ground it can tackle. A true credit to the xmaxx's suspension. It's also good fun it the turns, a dab of throttle mid corner will pick up the inside front wheel and slide the rear round kicking up a nice rooster tail while doing so. IMO the suspension setup on the truck is its ace in the hole.

I want to run 50wt oil over the stock 30wt for jumping purposes , but dont want to loose the fun feel you get while driving this truck in stock form.

Thank you for the quick reply looks like I have to decide between xmaxx and the losi xxl2 brushless 

8 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I know that feeling oh to well fella, headless chicken springs to mind lol Your boys bday comes before RC even tho it's tempting to just sneak out I'm sure the wait will be worth it. You waited this long a day or 2 won't hurt .. Weather here is awful so I don't blame you staying indoors no one wants there new ride all muddy and wet on the first run out the second however should be hanging in mud and launching 30ft skyward :D

post up your gearing and temps etc please . 

Will do..... I c heeel on urc broke his 1st 6s run out landing a small backflip on heavy throttle. Drive shaft end from what u could see. 

Here's his vid:

yeah... If drive shafts do become a common issue I'd think someone will def come up with an upgrade. 

Any1 got a wheelie bar idea yet?

• Like 1

To be fair, the breakage in that last video was caused by landing on one wheel on full throttle after the backflip, if you had stronger drive shaft would that not then send the shock down the drivetrain and wreck the diffs, as he was running a tight slipper, I was impressed with what the truck did. 

I think all the upgrades will be available,but what I'm trying to say is all that energy on landing has to go somewhere and for me backflips are for 1/10, 1/8 scale this has proved it can be done but my pockets aren't deep enough to make it do it reliably

• Like 2

I agree with Sean on throttle landings with any brushless truck is a no go in my opinion. Although the there's more stress on the xmaxx parts such as arms etc are a lot thicker and IMO the whole trick is better designed to deal with this and spread load in crashes etc. The good thing is the price of spares compared to other 1/5th scales, although they aren't yet readily available.

Just thought regarding ESC temps.  Has anyone fitted better capacitor(s)?  A decent cap with very low impedance will handle voltage spikes better than one with a higher impedance resulting in less strain on the esc itself. 

Imho this is worth a try.

It's a thought deafty......

im in talks with kershaw designs at about a mount and BL5 esc/motor combo. I take it I would be safer going for the 1350kv instead of 950kv motor ? 

Only plan on running 6s to start with but 8s in the future. 

I'm going to take the diffs out of my xmaxx and check them soon as people have had some without oil in, Just wondering what will i need to use to top them up if they are empty/low ? Not done it before.

Does modelsport sell some suitable?

7 minutes ago, Evoc said:

I'm going to take the diffs out of my xmaxx and check them soon as people have had some without oil in, Just wondering what will i need to use to top them up if they are empty/low ? Not done it before.

Does modelsport sell some suitable?

Silicone diff oil mate. Ms sell it yeah. It comes in different weights. I think stock diff weights are 10 and 30. U just topped mine both up with abit of 30 however. 

56 minutes ago, NG15 said:

Silicone diff oil mate. Ms sell it yeah. It comes in different weights. I think stock diff weights are 10 and 30. U just topped mine both up with abit of 30 however. 

Ye. Ref my post on page 6. Took my diffs out and checked,  front had nothing if a little in. And rears had just a splash in. I used 50000 cst rear and 30000 cst at front. 

Edited by Ady 2215

15 hours ago, Deafty said:

Guns:  Can u please repost your artr total costing from parts? ( just the number but with leccy details.)  I'd like to run some numbers and this would help immensly. 

I also wish to thank our forums Guinee pigs.  Have fun fellas :)

Also, thankyou OP for the front page updates. 

Hi, not entirely sure what you need but:

Plastics:

7733     Bumper mount, front/ bumper support
7734     Bumper mount, rear bumper support
7735     Bumper front
7736     Bumper rear
7745     Skidplate center
7744    Skidplate, front (1) rear (1)rubber impact cushion (2)
7719    Battery hold-down (2) foam pad (2)
7718    Battery hold-down mounts, left (2)/ right (2)
7715    Body mounts, front & rear
7713    Body Support Rear
7724    Box receiver
7733     Bumper mount front bumper support
7722     Chassis
7714     Chassis top brace
7723    Nerf bars, chassis
7760    Motor mounts (front and rear)/ pins(4)  
7725    Seal kit, receiver box
7717    Spacer, battery compartment (2)
7726    Bulkhead tie bar, upper (1) lower (2)
7721    Bulkhead, front(lower)
7720    Bulkhead, front (upper)
7752    Carriers, stub axle (left & right)
7732    Caster blocks (c-hubs), (left & right)
7716    Mount, tie bar, front (1) rear (1)
7747    Servo horn, steering/ linkage, steering (46mm, assembled with pivot balls)
7739    Shock tower, front (left & right halves)
7746    Steering bellcranks/ bellcrank support/servo saver/ servo saver spring/ draglink
7737     Steering blocks left & right
7731    Suspension arms, lower (left, front or rear) 2 REQUIRED
7730    Suspension arms, lower (right, front or rear) 2 REQUIRED
7729    Suspension arms, upper (left or right, front or rear) 2 REQUIRED
7743    Suspension pin retainer (4) 2 REQUIRED
7740    Suspension pin set, front or rear corner (hardened steel), 4x85mm (1), 4x47mm (3), 4x33mm (2) 4 REQUIRED
7741    Suspension pins, 4x85mm  2 REQUIRED
7742    Suspension pin set, shock mount (front or rear, hardened steel) 2 REQUIRED
7787     Covers, gear
7726    Bulkhead tie bar, upper (1)/lower (2)
7728     Bulkhead, rear (lower)
7727     Bulkhead, rear (upper)
7752    Carriers, stub axle (left & right)
7716    Mount, tie bar, front (1)/ rear
7738    Shock tower, rear (left & right halves)
7748    Toe links, molded composite, 173mm (158mm center to center)
7780    Housing, differential(front/rear) 2 REQUIRED
7781    Carrier, differential/ x-ring gaskets 2 REQUIRED

Gears & Axles:
7754    Drive cup (1) 4 REQUIRED
7755    Driveshaft assembly center aluminum
7756    Wheel hubs, hex (2)/hex clips (2) 2 REQUIRED
7750    Driveshaft, steel constant-velocity (shaft only 160mm) 4 REQUIRED
7751     Rebuild kit, steel constant-velocity driveshaft 2 REQUIRED
7753    Stub axle, aluminum blue-anodized 4 REQUIRED
7758    Wheel nuts, splined, 17mm, serrated (blue-anodized) (4)
7785    Input gear, transmission, 20-tooth/ 2.5x12mm pin
7786    Input shaft, transmission (slipper shaft)
7784     Output gear, transmission, 51-tooth (1)
7781    Carrier, differential/ x-ring gaskets (2)
7779    Ring gear, differential 2 REQUIRED
7783    Spider gear shaft (2)/ spacers 2 REQUIRED
7789    Rebuild kit, slipper clutch
7788    Slipper pressure plate and hub
7777    Pinion gear, differential (front)
7778    Pinion gear, differential (rear)
6487    Gear, 15-T pinion (1.0 metric pitch, 20° pressure angle)
6449    Spur gear, 54-tooth (1.0 metric pitch)

Screws & Bearings:
5106A     Ball bearing, black rubber sealed (15x24x5mm) (2) 2 REQUIRED
5107A      Ball bearing, black rubber sealed (17x26x5mm) (2) 2 REQUIRED
5182A     Ball bearing, black rubber sealed (20x27x4mm) (2) 2 REQUIRED
5106     Ball bearing, blue rubber sealed (15x24x5mm) (2) 1 REQUIRED
4611     Ball bearings (5x11x4mm) (2) 1 REQUIRED
5119     Ball bearings, blue rubber sealed (10x15x4mm) (2) 2 REQUIRED
5120     Ball bearings, blue rubber sealed (12x18x4mm) (2) 1 REQUIRED
5116     Ball bearings, blue rubber sealed (5x11x4mm) (2) 4 REQUIRED
5180     Ball bearings, blue rubber sealed (6x13x5mm) (2) 1 REQUIRED

Electronics:
2085     Servo

Wheels/Tyres/Suspension:
7761    Shocks, GTX, aluminum, blue-anodized (fully assembled w/o springs) (2) 2 REQUIRED
1667    Silicone shock oil (30 wt)
7766    Springs, shock (natural finish) (GTX) 2 REQUIRED
7764    Shock caps, GTX shocks/ spring perch/ adjusters 2 REQUIRED
7772    Tires & wheels, assembled, glued (2) 2 REQUIRED
7711     Bodyshell

I think that might be an older one, you'll need screws, ive got them in a basket on Tower, but not typed out. These are rough and I cant confirm this is everything.

Prices:

From MSUK: £798 for the roller EXCLUDING screws + Bearings. This includes wheels/tyres/clear shell mind

Screws and bearings come to £105 + postage and customs from Tower Hobbies.

The best option for me would have been:

From Tower Hobbies. Subject to postage and customs.

£850 for every part needed (excluding Bearings and bodyshell) and a Castle Creations XLX with 2028 800kv motor and the Traxxas Servo.

Add a DX4s from MSUK for £149
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/spektrum-dx4s-4-ch-avc-radio-system/rc-car-products/389330

£999 + Bodyshell + Postage and Tax?

Again, all rough prices

Edited by Guns

17 hours ago, NG15 said:

I want to run 50wt oil over the stock 30wt for jumping purposes , but dont want to loose the fun feel you get while driving this truck in stock 

I've just orderd my traxxas xmaxx.......but the bad news is that i have to sell my savage flux hp :mellow:

10 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

Will do..... I c heeel on urc broke his 1st 6s run out landing a small backflip on heavy throttle. Drive shaft end from what u could see. 

Just a thought and not sure if anyone has tried it or if it will do much but these driveshafts might just need a bit more tempering ? Just bake them in the oven for a while should make them not sure brittle ? Might be worth a shot ?