• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Some say they grip better 'wrong way around' - old FG trick.

Looks like mine will look - more 'realistic' than the V1's ....

Are V2's coming with the same wheels?

Does this mean Traxxas are going to 'option' proper MT wheels?

They should just change the stub axle and permit the MTXL wheels to fit directly and/or make proper lockers.

I thought it was an X-Maxx with MTXL wheels and somebody simply making 'scale looking' tape barriers.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Some say they grip better 'wrong way around' - old FG trick.

Looks like mine will look - more 'realistic' than the V1's ....

Are V2's coming with the same wheels?

Does this mean Traxxas are going to 'option' proper MT wheels?

They should just change the stub axle and permit the MTXL wheels to fit directly and/or make proper lockers.

I thought it was an X-Maxx with MTXL wheels and somebody simply making 'scale looking' tape barriers.

Al.

I think its just a vinyl wrap on a regular truck. Theres no information on where the pics from. Its on the Traxxas motorsport forum, and it just says 'from facebook'. Id be amazed if it was a true Monster Jam competitor, Traxxas jumping into bed with Bigfoot has put a nail in an MJ return id imagine?

i posted a pic of the V2 few pages back. Tyres will be the same look, but have an x after the new part number which hints at a new compound. The body also has a sort of plastic spoiler protecting the back, which looks connected to the roll bar/internal cage which is good.

As good as the proper Monster truck tyes look, id imagine the stock tread works better over all and is more suited to real world applications. My Bigfoot has those style tyres and theyre shocking, but that could be due to compound/lack of insert. 

They work a treat on mine - nearly launched it into the neighbour's!!

Obviously an exaggeration, but it certainly grips. Mine has (reduced) inserts - I took a big groove out of the thicker part on all 4 inserts to lighten a little.

GUNS, got any more photos of the rear body amendments?

Al.

1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

They work a treat on mine - nearly launched it into the neighbour's!!

Obviously an exaggeration, but it certainly grips. Mine has (reduced) inserts - I took a big groove out of the thicker part on all 4 inserts to lighten a little.

GUNS, got any more photos of the rear body amendments?

Al.

Nope, I just re posted a pic from the Traxxas forum. Could be absolute tosh but i can definately see some sort of spoiler, which is where mine is cracked/broken so would make sense.

Mine looks like this at the mo... as I've tried to slope the rear end to stop it digging in... again diy cable tie style...

IMG_4967_zpsfyrc1yfu.jpg

:@.@:

Edited by Ocdcbr

I'm thinking of using plastic tubing in the rear bed  bend it round the inside of the truck bed bit of shoe goo and some tape should be rock solid 

lol new shells aren't cheap mr guns although you dont really need to replace the roll cage bit unless it's broken or you just want that all new look that last all of ten minutes while you take a pic. 

Decided this time round the stock shell will stay a shelf shell and ill pic up a clear basher  but that will have to wait a while as I'm after a new sensored combo for the MT410 at the minute ;) 

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I'm thinking of using plastic tubing in the rear bed  bend it round the inside of the truck bed bit of shoe goo and some tape should be rock solid 

lol new shells aren't cheap mr guns although you dont really need to replace the roll cage bit unless it's broken or you just want that all new look that last all of ten minutes while you take a pic. 

Decided this time round the stock shell will stay a shelf shell and ill pic up a clear basher  but that will have to wait a while as I'm after a new sensored combo for the MT410 at the minute ;) 

More so I can use the old shell for bashing and a fresh white one for shelf. Would be a paimt keep moving the roll cage over lol

Did anyone see the post on the Traxxas forum regarding the release date being pushed back for the new Xmaxx due to the esc having issues ?  I didn't see it myself just heard about it but I can't find it or wether it's true or not ? 

20 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

FR9rLb.jpg

oLNuuc.jpg

NEJdzR.jpg

wow!.... looks cool. really like the snap on colour scheme

gears came from china today

IMG_5851_zpsch7f14p6.jpg

IMG_5853_zpsccerxndh.jpg

IMG_5854_zpsagsbyjzj.jpg

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 1