• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

10 hours ago, chilau said:

IMG-20170120-WA0015

2017-01-20_09-34-06

Bit of muddy action today.

Went to Slough buggy track, it was a mud bog.

Thought I'd share some quad video footage that I took of my friends Bajas a few weekends ago.

Will try and get some of the xmaxx, just need someone to drive it whilst I fly the quad.

Love the quad footage mate. 

Whats the quad? Cam setup? :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Looks like you had great fun fella next time you head over Oxshot with the X Maxx let me know me and my boy will bring ours we can have a good old bash then :) 

Wheres the place in Slough ?  Got a postcode or address might have to pop over there ;) 

Cool, will give you a shout when I go to Oxshott, will be great to see 4 xmaxx's running together:)

Slough buggy track is here, I parked in the rugby club and walked to track, lane to drive to track is only open on racedays.

Also an old bmx track on the walk there, bit overgrown now though.

https://goo.gl/maps/EnxFGL7HmUm

Edited by chilau

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 19:59, mydoddy69 said:

Got a reply back from Traxxas regarding there wording and the diameter of the shafts ! 

Basically they upgraded the part they THOUGHT would cause breakage and therefore they made changes and beefed it up.. You have to laugh they added a 20p pin each end and charged you what £30 for it !! 

As far as there concerned i miss read there wording there not interested and please dont contact us regarding this matter agian 

Thanks Traxxas ;) 

good ol traxxARSE..........:lol:......:first:for crappy customer care....:lol:

With that foam how it is in my tyre, is it worth Glueing (IVe just got the Gorilla Glue for Rubber/Plastic), or shall I bite the bullet and buy a pair of wheels and tyres for £60. I have £37 in paypal towards them. ID rather not buy them, but if the foam is split is it gonna be a problem?

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

With that foam how it is in my tyre, is it worth Glueing (IVe just got the Gorilla Glue for Rubber/Plastic), or shall I bite the bullet and buy a pair of wheels and tyres for £60. I have £37 in paypal towards them. ID rather not buy them, but if the foam is split is it gonna be a problem?

You could just buy new tyres and use the foam from them then just reglue you old tyre back on ? 

i went the set of tyres route for ease but I did strip the old tyre off for a spare and kept the wheel you never know ? 

28 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

You could just buy new tyres and use the foam from them then just reglue you old tyre back on ? 

i went the set of tyres route for ease but I did strip the old tyre off for a spare and kept the wheel you never know ? 

Never thought of that! Is part 7772 glued ready to go? 7772x is on the new truck, im hoping to patch up and itll last till some new options come out?

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Never thought of that! Is part 7772 glued ready to go? 7772x is on the new truck, im hoping to patch up and itll last till some new options come out?

7772 is the pre glued 7770 is just the tyre and foam can't find any info on the 7772x so don't know sorry .. As far as I was aware Traxxas haven't released any part numbers on the new truck yet ?  so you know more than me on  that one ;) 

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Nope sorry chap even only 

On the hobbywing website for the Max 6?

Built-in Anti-Spark System

The MAX6 is built with internal anti-spark circuitry that protects not only battery connectors
from damage but helps to prevent physical injury due to burnt fingers from the inevitable
issue of sparking when hooking up the ESC to higher voltage battery packs (5S/6S/7S/8S).

http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=410&filter_attr=

Does that mean a single 7s pack as opposed to a 3s+4s?

Edited by Guns

1 hour ago, Guns said:

On the hobbywing website for the Max 6?

Built-in Anti-Spark System

The MAX6 is built with internal anti-spark circuitry that protects not only battery connectors
from damage but helps to prevent physical injury due to burnt fingers from the inevitable
issue of sparking when hooking up the ESC to higher voltage battery packs (5S/6S/7S/8S).

http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=410&filter_attr=

Does that mean a single 7s pack as opposed to a 3s+4s?

This is from the manual So I stand corrected you can run odd cells but you'd need to run seperate lipo alarm 

2. LiPo Cells

We strongly recommend setting this item manually instead of using the default setting “Auto Calc. (which means calculating the LiPo cells automatically)”. The ESC can only identify 3S, 4S, 6S and 8S LiPo packs when setting this item to “Auto Calc.”. After you power on the ESC, if the battery voltage is below 13.6V, it will be identified as a 3S, if the voltage is from 13.6V to 17.6V, it will be identified as a 4S, if the voltage is from 17.6V to 26.5V, it will be identified as a 6S, if the voltage is above 26.5V, it will be identified as a 8S.
Note 2:

1) This ESC is not intended for 2S operation. Even if you can set the “LiPo Cells” to 2S, it still does not work.

2) You need to set “LiPo Cells” to “Auto Calc.” and “Cutoff Voltage” to “Disabled” if you use a NiMH pack or a 5S/7S LiPo 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

This is from the manual So I stand corrected you can run odd cells but you'd need to run seperate lipo alarm 

2. LiPo Cells

We strongly recommend setting this item manually instead of using the default setting “Auto Calc. (which means calculating the LiPo cells automatically)”. The ESC can only identify 3S, 4S, 6S and 8S LiPo packs when setting this item to “Auto Calc.”. After you power on the ESC, if the battery voltage is below 13.6V, it will be identified as a 3S, if the voltage is from 13.6V to 17.6V, it will be identified as a 4S, if the voltage is from 17.6V to 26.5V, it will be identified as a 6S, if the voltage is above 26.5V, it will be identified as a 8S.
Note 2:

1) This ESC is not intended for 2S operation. Even if you can set the “LiPo Cells” to 2S, it still does not work.

2) You need to set “LiPo Cells” to “Auto Calc.” and “Cutoff Voltage” to “Disabled” if you use a NiMH pack or a 5S/7S LiPo 

Yep. Supposedly for odd packs you need to set LVC to "disabled" and use a separate alarm.

It's a shame really :( 

Well, anything above 4s anyway.

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1