• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

2 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Video please. I want to see an xmaxx smash into a curb/tree/horse in the dark :D

Haha, and thats why i want lights for it :D:D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bjbear123 said:

Thanks for the link !, Just to confirm does this plug into the receiver ?? 

Do you know what shock oil is used in the X-MAXX just as i would like to buy some more as some of mine has leaked out ! 

Also does any one know any very small lights or light bar which i can mount into the front bumper ? I would like it also powered off the receiver if possible ? 

Fan plugs into receiver 10 minute job.

i have 40 and 50wt shock oil.

Lots of spare slots in the receiver for light bars for all your night time running needs.

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Hot Racing have come to the party!!!

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=XMX38X06;c=975

Al.

that is pointless at the moment as the motor ends are plastic.  but a company is going to make some alloy end parts.

9 hours ago, turok007 said:

anyway to fix that motor heatsink.

It does push down a little more... I got some of that heat sink paste stuff but I have not put any on yet... I should have tbh but was too lazy/ had the mrs on my back....looking at it I think the heat sensor is stopping it a little from pressing down as it runs in a Chanel in the heat sink any it is slightly too big or the Chanel slightly too small. With a bit of attention I have no doubt it could be sorted. 

The castle fan fits over the heat sink not the motor. It's the 2028 fan so if we go for 2028's later on we have fans already! Other options out there no doubt... And no I'm not the seller of that fan I linked... Just linked to show it rather than encourage a buyer. 

7 hours ago, turok007 said:

that is pointless at the moment as the motor ends are plastic.  but a company is going to make some alloy end parts.

Not really.

Far LESS flexible than a plastic mount, so may limit any vibration problems - if there are any - and slow future wear issues.

Doesn't the 1717 have the same dimensions as 'the motor'? That's metal.

Basically, I'm thinking there are options already - IF you really need to change anything.

Al.

So I have done a bit of work the last few hours.

Check and topped up the front and rear diff oil apologies for no photos I didn't think to take any until it was all put back together. It was super easy to work on with plenty of oil in there already but added a little more.  

Take off the bumper and skid plates remove 4-5 screws and the diffs are just there and pop straight out. Super easy.

Slipper clutch was 1/8 turn backed off and have left it set like this.

Also added some duck tape to the body for a little more longevity. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

You look like you have experience with Traxxas slippers from your sig.

It's all detailed in the X-maxx manual maybe give it a little perusal when you have 10 minutes.

Take off he cover behind the motor and use a 7mm tool to tighten and back off 1/8th turn.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

You look like you have experience with Traxxas slippers from your sig.

It's all detailed in the X-maxx manual maybe give it a little perusal when you have 10 minutes.

Take off he cover behind the motor and use a 7mm tool to tighten and back off 1/8th turn.

I must just be unluckily but mine didn't come with a manual... all i got is a quick start guide. 

I have taken off the cover which has the red sticker on it saying "CAUTION HOT" is this the one your referring to ? I can't see anyway of getting to the slipper without taking the whole backend apart 

Look down the gap in front of the spur gear and you will see it has a 7mm nut on the front. This is what you need to tighten with the supplied 7mm spanner. I've already told you this lol

I want to get the 16T pinion for a little more speed, has anyone else added this ?

Do any of you know if this will be compatible ? I can't find it anywhere accept eBay 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16T-Pinion-Gear-1M-5mm-Shaft-Heavy-Duty-Hardened-Like-HPI-100915-/131720036977?hash=item1eab204271:g:aTAAAOSw5dNWs7-Y

1 hour ago, bjbear123 said:

I want to get the 16T pinion for a little more speed, has anyone else added this ?

Do any of you know if this will be compatible ? I can't find it anywhere accept eBay 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16T-Pinion-Gear-1M-5mm-Shaft-Heavy-Duty-Hardened-Like-HPI-100915-/131720036977?hash=item1eab204271:g:aTAAAOSw5dNWs7-Y

I think the lesson here Bj from the more experienced rc'ers is to just go for it!... The way to get used to your truck is to just look it over, take it apart... Just don't worry about it. Once you have taken a few bits off u will see that it's all fairly simple and your confidence will quickly grow. 

Just because its it's an rtr does not mean that it's not worth having a fiddle with. Myself I really enjoy taking things to bits... It's a big part of the hobby. 

Over time you will enjoy setting the car up to your own preference with diff/ shock fluids , slipper setting and mods here n there no doubt. 

Im trying to think of a home made wheelie bar solution. From what I've seen it really needs it and I like wheelies myself. 

If if its a mod1 pin with 5mm hole it should fit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

I think the lesson here Bj from the more experienced rc'ers is to just go for it!... The way to get used to your truck is to just look it over, take it apart... Just don't worry about it. Once you have taken a few bits off u will see that it's all fairly simple and your confidence will quickly grow. 

Just because its it's an rtr does not mean that it's not worth having a fiddle with. Myself I really enjoy taking things to bits... It's a big part of the hobby. 

Over time you will enjoy setting the car up to your own preference with diff/ shock fluids , slipper setting and mods here n there no doubt. 

Im trying to think of a home made wheelie bar solution. From what I've seen it really needs it and I like wheelies myself. 

If if its a mod1 pin with 5mm hole it should fit. 

Thanks for your reply, I have just brought it and looking forward to fitting it !

Do you think there will be much of a speed increase ? 

3 hours ago, bjbear123 said:

I must just be unluckily but mine didn't come with a manual... all i got is a quick start guide. 

I have taken off the cover which has the red sticker on it saying "CAUTION HOT" is this the one your referring to ? I can't see anyway of getting to the slipper without taking the whole backend apart 

A new truck must ALWAYS come with a manual - contact your suppliers and tell them - you must have one - no questions.

Basic operation is obvious, and all can be located on the internet anyway, but that's not the point.

Al.

2 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

Well I won't be taken mine out today. Been raining since last night and today we have got 50mph winds as well.

My garden is currently a lake!

Bit of respect for your 'invested amusement' is good.

You'll have plenty of opportunities once the weather turns a bit for the better anyway!

Al.

2 hours ago, FatWheels said:

Anyway despite a little rain I couldn't resist taking mine out today for a quick blast before football.

This thing handles superbly on all surfaces and was great fun on wet grass. The suspension handles everything like a dream. TSM was 12 o'clock which I believe is 50% assistance and it did not put a foot wrong. Brakes are sensitive which was the only time it ended up on its roof and a full 360. 

Flat out it looks a lot quicker than 30mph due to the sheer size of it.

When it's heading towards you flat out its quite a loaded weapon.

Apologies for no vids I had no assistance today.

Also looks a lot better with some mud and grass added to the paintwork. 

image.jpeg

Sorry - me again!!

DOES look good in blue - I am biased, but who cares!!

Al.