• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Race Truck Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS

TWINSET

img169_07102015105442_2.jpg

Tamiya model no. 58632 (Image shown is of prototype)

Weighing in at a colossal 5,400kg, the trucks in the European Truck Racing Championship are truly the heavyweights of motorsport.

But size isn’t the only thing that’s extreme about these incredible machines.

The Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS truck is powered by a huge 1,100hp turbocharged diesel engine.

To get that phenomenal power from the engine to the tarmac is no easy task, which is why the truck takes advantage of a Mechanical 16-speed ZF gearbox to get it up to speed.

In 2015, driver Joachim Hahn piloted the truck to a creditable 3rd position in the Championship.

The Tamiya radio control replica faithfully captures the giant race truck.

The polycarbonate body sits atop the TT-01 E chassis, which is designed for easy assembly and maintenance.

Source: TamiyaUSA

she needs a new chassis. 

the layout above is that of a stock truck, two or four tyres on the rear and two upfront.
its more for long runs as you gain more fuel space in the tank areas allowing for extended tanks to be fitted.

a 4x2 layout would be a lifting rear where the inner set lifts up to loose contact on road and be more efficent in hauling and fuel use.

But that is one sweet TGS body, and tamiya needs to make a hardshell version :)

Maybe that's why there's no 'X's at the moment - one of these was hooked up to the trailer and the driver took it on the track!!

Liking the Tamiya one, but look even better in 1/6 FG LargeScale.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've seen this today and love it. But do you think it would look good painted as a road truck? I'd love to paint it in a local haulage firms colours, make the 5th wheel work and build a 1/10 trailer. I'd then change the gearing and fit a truck puller motor to slow it down and make it more powerful. 

What you think?

9 hours ago, The_Blue_Dragon said:

I've seen this today and love it. But do you think it would look good painted as a road truck? I'd love to paint it in a local haulage firms colours, make the 5th wheel work and build a 1/10 trailer. I'd then change the gearing and fit a truck puller motor to slow it down and make it more powerful. 

What you think?

You could I suppose but wouldn't look very scale how many road trucks do you see with flared arches ? :lol: 

• 1 year later...

I Purchased one of these trucks looks great and it appears to be very durable but when I’m running it on the carpet a oval it bounces in the turns, when running the class we cannot make any changes to the kit another words we cannot put shocks on it or any hop up parts,  is there anything that you can do to the truck To stop it from happening in the corners

Edited by Break Out Bob