• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive Mini WRC - Exhaust options?

Bunny_Basher

Okay, what options are there for an aftermarket pipe to fit the Mini WRC?

• Has stock Dynamite 29cc engine
  • Stock body/cage
  • Not fussed about finish of the pipe (chrome/raw)

I've checked out all the usual UK 5th scale suppliers and from what I can see there is a very very limited range of pipes available. So all you fellow Mini WRC owners what have you fitted?

I was hoping to fit a Samba pipe that I recently removed from my 5ive T, but it's just a bit too long and fouls the LH rear wheel :(

Edited by Bunny_Basher

2 hours ago, Bunny_Basher said:

BZM it will be, I dry fitted the one from my 5ive T, result :)

Also, if (or do I mean when!), I get another SCZ, the pipe will be a good match to the new engine.

Just remember the big stock air filter won't fit under the cage when you fit a reed engine.

Here's a quick video of my first run with the mini. Exhaust is slightly louder than a SAMBA, deffo louder than the stock muffler, but really not that bad.

I soon discovered that wet grass and the Mini tires don't give much grip ;)

Losi Mini stock engine, BZM exhaust, first run

Edited by Bunny_Basher

Body is totally stock/standard.

My first thought was that the 'missing' windscreen is for access to the mechanicals as much as airflow to cool the engine.

Having said that the body has no cut out at the rear to access the pull starter, so you have to remove the body every time to start it. Remember - this car was originally designed to be and was released prefitted with an electro starter, so likely that Losi decided that the missing windscreen option was a solution to prevent overheating. They have done the same on the 5ive T, with a huge hole where the windscreen should be.

19 hours ago, Bunny_Basher said:

Here's a quick video of my first run with the mini. Exhaust is slightly louder than a SAMBA, deffo louder than the stock muffler, but really not that bad.

I soon discovered that wet grass and the Mini tires don't give much grip ;)

Losi Mini stock engine, BZM exhaust, first run

Do you have a link to wher u got the exhaust ...cheers 

4 hours ago, (-:AD:-) said:

The ones I have seen all have a cut out for the pullstart 

You're right it does have a square hole cut in the LH rear - but I can barely fit my hand through it and if you extend the pull cord enough to get the handle clear the body, its already over 50% pulled.