• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

1 minute ago, turok007 said:

was that FID the same as the one on facebook a few months ago.

I don't know, it's the first time I've seen the fid, it was mentioned in a thread earlier when I looked it up it just looks like the kraken to me. I thought I'd post up and there seems a bit of interest in the kraken, I wouldn't want anybody to buy a clone!!!!:D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Under the shells they are completely different..... Bit like comparing a Slash 4x4 to a Losi SCTE, kinda look the same but that's it 

The rear axle and mounting bars look the same, but is that because they are both fixed axle? 

So they are close cousins are you sticking with the kraken?

The solid rear axle and cage is about all they have in common, the drivetrains and engine positions are completely different , the FID is a centre diff set up and the Kraken is a transfer box with a slipper. From what I've seen the FID is pretty much a DBXL clone with a solid rear axle.....

Ive know about the FID for a long time and it's not going to change my mind about the Kraken ;) 

Edited by .AJ.

On looks and the fact that it's 4wd, I'd give it to the FID. However, as I know nothing about either company, my views are rather moot.

The FID vid was also superb, really sold the truck well, but that's marketing for ya! Maybe they've been watching some Traxxas vids? 

• Like 1