• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I need help

Vengiee

Hi all im new to nitro rc and decided to go out and buy a ftx carnage nt for me and my little boy to test the water to see iif its some thin he is into now the problem ii have is strange the car was running fine and now its just giving me problems.

The problem im facing is when the car is started running and even when its not on but switched on at the battery's the brake keep on engaging it douse not lock up the car but it happens when i don't even have the control in hand i cant work it out so any help would be great as i dont want this to change my mind on nitro cars here is a link to a video i did showing the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VEkpA8N5_Y&feature=youtu.be 

Hello. Welcome to the forum!

it could be a sign of you needing to replace the servo, interference etc I had a quick search online and found this.

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?284359-Randomly-pulsing-throttle-servo 

hope it helps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vengiee said:

Hi all im new to nitro rc and decided to go out and buy a ftx carnage nt for me and my little boy to test the water to see iif its some thin he is into now the problem ii have is strange the car was running fine and now its just giving me problems.

The problem im facing is when the car is started running and even when its not on but switched on at the battery's the brake keep on engaging it douse not lock up the car but it happens when i don't even have the control in hand i cant work it out so any help would be great as i dont want this to change my mind on nitro cars here is a link to a video i did showing the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VEkpA8N5_Y&feature=youtu.be 

Looks like a faulty servo? If it was purchased new take it back to the store or if online get in contact with them :)

Are your receiver batteries at good voltage?

Does it twitch at different locations, inside and outside house, just in case radio interference?

If battery voltage is good and location makes no difference, then swap servo to find out and see if it stops twitching.

I bought a nitro car that had one of those fly sky transmitters  and if I remember rightly there is a button on the receiver and one on transmitter that pairs the transmitter up so they work properly. failing that. make sure you use Duracell batterys and not cheap ones. also check for any nipped wires touching any metal or other wires. this can cause twitching.

hi all thank you for the response i bought it new so ill take it back to shop the battery's are brand new and i followed the instructions on how to bind them together the cars douse it inside and out side off the house so looking at all the response you guys have kindly given me it looks like its a servo issue thank you all for taking the time to answer my ? as soon as i find the real problem out ill repost on this topic saying what coursed the issue

Glad you found the issue! I never used a fail safe when I had a nitro. It was suppose to be built into the RX. Turns out it wasn't very good and I was always ending up going for a run :D sad times....