• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anti roll bars

ROBSTER 1992

Similar / near identical chassis, just bigger wheels / different gearing and the chassis brace, but they always used to say to remove the ARB's to permit better chassis articulation - the chassis is quite wide, the arms short so the more the better.

Some considered removing the rear, but keeping the front, to dial in a bit of understeer.

Al.

I've now decided to put my anti roll bars back in now they are back on my car now and the suspension stops are back in to I done an experiment to see if the suspension works better with them both off and it's not much different when there on so decided to put them back on the car they were made for a reason and I think It would not handle right if they were out I think it might have been a bit of a pig to control.

Anti roll bars depend on so many things like shock set up and track conditions. If i recall from your pics on another thread your

Marder runs Lauterbacher rear shocks, The worst ones ever made . If you still run them maybe look out for some FG Marder race ones as there

decent enough with 1k shock oil in the back and 2k in the front

• 2 weeks later...

On FG monsters, having them on limits the travel on suspension and makes it stiff, but as someone else said, onroad they are essential for stability. My fg mb pro handled way better as soon i taken them off, 8 yrs on, never looked back lol