• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Back to the RC helicopters

Eflight blade 400

Picked this up to get back to helicopters

It needs a spectrum dx6 handset to bind to it

Once I find one is it easy to bind it ? Just like any other handset to bind ?

Is there anyone in North London that flys helicopters

That could help me set this up once I get the handset thanks

image.jpg1_zpsj998sjzk.jpg

Edited by Master mind 123

Setting up a DX6 is easy. E-Flite's website has loads of settings for it's helicopters. You just go through the settings one by one and set up a specific profile to match your heli. Binding is simple too.

Both Spektrum and E-flite are Horizon Hobby brands, so they are designed to work together.

Setup of the heli isn;t quite that simple. You need to make sure the swash plate is level and everything is as it should be.

The most useful tool is a swash-plate leveler, it takes out a lot of the guess work, Leveling the swash-plate correctly is probably one of the most important aspects to setting up a heli, it makes the difference between one that will hover nicely or one which will either never get off the ground (or if it does then it will usually be followed by a crash fairly quickly) Also level and balance the main blades. Its useful if your new to set some extra expo in the TX as well as it will make it a bit less sensitive on the control inputs. I have a blade 400 and dxi - not flown it for about a year now though, it takes a huge amount of patience to learn to fly these, so take very small steps. It is worth putting in the time as when you can hover it for a whole battery you will feel like a pilot god! 

This is worth reading and following  http://www.dream-models.com/files/docs/FieldManual.pdf...don't be put off by the seemingly slow pace on getting the heli into the first hover, You do have to take things slow or you will be spending time and money on repairs rather than learning the basic knowledge of flying.

Thanks guys

Think will need some help setting this up and showing me how it dun ?

Still after a dx6 handset once I have one if anyone local could help me out if poss

Would really be great full

Thanks

• 1 year later...