• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can you guess what it's going to be?

andyknight

70 quid to add useless weight to your RC ??  Hmmmm lol

Iv only put it on to give um a idea of what it looks like, thats true what you say thou, iv seen them jumping with the spare wheel and they always end up on there back lol! Top heavy :)

So despite everybody saying change the exhaust I have called a halt to the spending for a while and will make do with the thor.  That means I've cut one of the bars out of the rear part of the cage.

Now I'm happy with it and everything fits.  That part of the cage will take no weight on a roll over etc anyway and the rear brace area is where the back end will touch if it ends up on its back.  Oh and also had time this morning to chop the rear ARB down so it now clears the driveshaft boots. 

Edited by andyknight
  • Like 1

Don't let anyone put you off the Thor, it's a very underrated pipe, with the bonus of actually sounding good/quiet & with loads of protection.

It gives me more than enough speed and power at the moment bearing in mind this is my first 1/5th scale and first RC car for 15 years.

Had to google it to work out in my head how it actually fits on the car and what it looks like.  Not sure I like the way it looks to be honest (not in terms of the condition, I mean the style etc).  I'll think about it.

Ok, last pics of the evening.  Just about finished.  I spent most of the night shaving the battery box for the lipo to fit.  Looks like a killer rc extended battery lid might be on the cards as it is a VERY tight fit.

does the cage come with the front bumper parts/5t side guards etc?

The kits are complete with bumper side skirt mounts cage and panels or we do one without panels

Ok, last pics of the evening. Just about finished. I spent most of the night shaving the battery box for the lipo to fit. Looks like a killer rc extended battery lid might be on the cards as it is a VERY tight fit.

Looking good

• Like 1

ok guys, I really need help with wheel selection.  I just don't think the standard wheel suite the new body.  I can't work out whether it's the tyres, the actual wheels or the wheel size.  I like the look of the DBXL wheels but do they use the same hub type (i.e. will they physically fit on the hub) and where can I get some from?

Alternatively I am open to suggestion for other ideas!

Edit: found the wheel and tyre sets on freeprawn,

Edited by andyknight

Cheap dirty improvisation for holding lipo volt meter in the car with remote LED.  

Those hitec servo boxes have a use after all other than holding odd nuts, bolts and screws!
Edited by andyknight