• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Pro MT owners thread.

shdaxner

As we seem to have had an influx of people buying and building the brilliant little PMT I thought it only right for us to start an owners thread for us to show off and share tips and tricks.

So lets see your PMT's folks.

Ill start with my recent build.

Built it with a Hobbywing 4000kv motor, WP-SC8 120A speed controller and a Savox 1272 servo, currently only been run on 2s and can't imagine me changing anytime soon as it just goes so well, currently fitted with a 22t pinion and that is spot on, gives a decent speed and barely gets warm on 2s.

Only reservations with it so far is that as AJ pointed out, the servo saver is really weak...makes for a massive turning circle when going at any sort of speed and it needs a wheely bar.

Only got one pretty mediocre photo of the truck as of yet, cant stop playing with it to get anymore!!

16757162845_d16fc24f1f_c.jpg

So, does anybody know of an upgrade for the servo saver and which wheely bars will fit?

• Like 1

Here's mine, the one which started it all :)

20150201_083056_zpsb6zuctal.jpg

HW SC8WP

HW 3656 4000kv with 22t piny

Xpert WR4401

Also has.....

Proline Carbon tower braces

Proline Alloy rear hubs

Proline Alloy steering rack

STRC front bulkhead (I broke the stock one)

Traxxas Slash 2wd radio box

T-Works Titanium turnbuckles and servo steering link

Here's my build thread

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/204034-ajs-little-monster-pro-line-pro-mt/

Edited by .AJ.

Here's mine, the one which started it all :)

20150201_083056_zpsb6zuctal.jpg

HW SC8WP

HW 3656 4000kv with 22t piny

Xpert WR4401

Also has.....

Proline Carbon tower braces

Proline Alloy rear hubs

Proline Alloy steering rack

STRC front bulkhead (I broke the stock one)

Traxxas Slash 2wd radio box

T-Works Titanium turnbuckles and servo steering link

Here's my build thread

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/204034-ajs-little-monster-pro-line-pro-mt/

Sweet!

Has the alloy steering rack helped with the weak servo saver at all?

Turning is overrated ;)

Not showing yours off?

It's does away with the servo saver all together, wether it's a good idea only time will tell lol

I don't really want to get rid of the servo saver full stop as I think it would mean the plastic parts taking to much strain when jumping and stuff.....suppose I will just have to put up with it for now eh.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I might sell the ST and buy one of these.... Choices.

Noooooooo....I do love my little PMT but the ST is a completely different beastie....sell your quads and buy one instead LOL  :whistling:

Noooooooo....I do love my little PMT but the ST is a completely different beastie....sell your quads and buy one instead LOL  :whistling:

Not touched my ST in about 4 months though.

I don't have any quads. 2 hex's and a Tri. :tease:

If the stock steering rack servo saver is causing issues, is there not enough room to run one of the servo itself?

Could do yeah.....don't think they are very strong either though (from the ones I have seen).

I think a stronger spring would be the easiest fix....its just finding one to fit.

Here's my visitor from Germany. 

Spec

HW SC8WP
HW 3656 4000kv with 18t think I need bigger
Xpert WR4401 - Copied A.J. - Surpised how much difference there is over cheap servo's

Unfortunately my spur gear decided to get chewed up after about 30 seconds. 

IMG_1331_zpsanwpovov.jpg

• Like 3

Nice!!

I am running a 22t pinny at the moment with the same combo as you and is plenty fast enough on 2s whilst tempts are barely Luke warm.

With it having a plastic spur gear you do have to be quite weary of setting the mesh spot on..... I use the paper method as a means of testing the mesh is not to tight.

I ran mine again today...... Such a quality little truck although I currently have a couple of issues.... One being in the slipper or gear box area and the other being two of my shocks are losing oil from the bottom cap like there is no tomorrow it is currently half way through being stripped down so I can check the issues and get it cleaned up

Spares ain't great in the UK, think I bought the only 2 spurs in the country, also in my last Amains order I got a few other parts, fingers crossed I'll never need them

image.jpg1_zpszxzpg1v5.jpg

But if anyone gets stuck I'll help out ;)

Edited by .AJ.

Such a quality little truck although I currently have a couple of issues.... One being in the slipper or gear box area and the other being two of my shocks are losing oil from the bottom cap like there is no tomorrow

I used Green Slime on the o-rings when i first built the shocks and had no leakages :)