• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Pro MT owners thread.

shdaxner

5 hours ago, Guns said:

Seems a decent price! Why the Traxxas RX Box? Is the stock one not waterproof?

It doesn't come with an Rx box, I have simply turned the box 180° and now I can get the battery in easily.

Yeah I'm interested to see how long the cable will last, and how scratched the motor will get. Again it's a 3660 can, not the standard 3652 so hangs out a bit more. I might try and tidy the cable but not a lot I can do the keep it closer to the chassis. I'll have a look this evening.

Rx box is fine now, can easily get batteries in and out.

@Praet0r87 Mine broke the same way yours did, except mine was during a landing on to a muddy mound...

IMG_20170121_123956_zpsd0jevfbc.jpg

IMG_20170121_124159_zps4no9awtd.jpg

Here it is painted:

IMG_20170121_120228_zpsmemsxoli.jpg

This is seriously overpowered, I can not even get full throttle without it flipping over, a lot of throttle control is needed. But sadly it broke, not even a full pack through it.

9 minutes ago, Praet0r87 said:

It cost me £17 to replace that part!! :shockingscary:

£21 here <_<

Turns out the girlfriend is not too happy about a purple monster truck, so this may have to go to make way for an Axial Yeti (was on my list before the Pro MT came up for a good price)

I would sell this as a roller and use the electrics in a Yeti.

Edited by ostewart

1 hour ago, ostewart said:

£21 here <_<

Turns out the girlfriend is not too happy about a purple monster truck, so this may have to go to make way for an Axial Yeti (was on my list before the Pro MT came up for a good price)

I would sell this as a roller and use the electrics in a Yeti.

Or paint a shell not purple lol. Or you know, man up and tell the Mrs to jog on ;)

Edited by Guns

16 minutes ago, Guns said:

Or paint a shell not purple lol. Or you know, man up and tell the Mrs to jog on ;)

It's also the fact it's a monster truck, even though it suits my needs for a great basher...

I fancied a Yeti anyway, but the Pro MT is an awesome truck...

You guys have both been unlucky, stub axles still going strong on mine.....

I did lose a tab from the Hobbywing can on mine (they are fastened on with tiny hex screws, one backed out), hosted a repair using a cut down bullet, no issues since...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ostewart said:

It's also the fact it's a monster truck, even though it suits my needs for a great basher...

I fancied a Yeti anyway, but the Pro MT is an awesome truck...

Does your mrs have an RC? Mine just calls mine "trucks" wether its my Xmaxx or a Touring car haha

Just now, Guns said:

Does your mrs have an RC? Mine just calls mine "trucks" wether its my Xmaxx or a Touring car haha

We had a pair of TT-01's which we used together, but she never really got in to it. 

She isn't a huge fan of the hobby, as it can be a money pit and I'm supposed to be getting better with money.

She has accepted the Ascender jeep, and the Losi 8IGHT, but because I sold the 8IGHT and got the Pro MT, she doesn't like the Pro MT styling.

• 2 months later...
On 14/04/2017 at 00:17, Guns said:

I like the 983 dollars struck through, that's pretty much 800 GBP...!!! Even the 'sale' price is almost 600 quid... Good sense of humour obviously!

• 4 months later...

Not sure if anyone on here is still enjoying one of these, but I got mine recently, it currently has a HW QuicRun 150a and a Tekin 4000kv motor, it's too powerful, so hoping to find an SC8 soon, the 3s minimum ESC is just too much IMO, it's uncontrollable at anything above 1/4 throttle.

One question, what shock oils ae you chaps running?

Mines very unhappy in the jumps and probably lands about 3/10.

Rear shocks are very firm and front are super bouncy, so want to get a good starting point from other owners?

Interesting that the esc amps can have that much effect on power/speed. I mean I know the esc has got to be powerful enough to be able to provide what the motor is asking for, but I never realised that a higher amp rating could give more speed, thought that was more down to motor kv, gearing and batteries (volts).

On 31/08/2017 at 22:35, Oh How Original said:

Not sure if anyone on here is still enjoying one of these, but I got mine recently, it currently has a HW QuicRun 150a and a Tekin 4000kv motor, it's too powerful, so hoping to find an SC8 soon, the 3s minimum ESC is just too much IMO, it's uncontrollable at anything above 1/4 throttle.

One question, what shock oils ae you chaps running?

Mines very unhappy in the jumps and probably lands about 3/10.

Rear shocks are very firm and front are super bouncy, so want to get a good starting point from other owners?

Finally got your hands on my old one ;)

Probably 30-40wt maybe 30 rear and 35 front.

On 01/09/2017 at 17:17, bertberr said:

Interesting that the esc amps can have that much effect on power/speed. I mean I know the esc has got to be powerful enough to be able to provide what the motor is asking for, but I never realised that a higher amp rating could give more speed, thought that was more down to motor kv, gearing and batteries (volts).

It's really more a case of not being able to run 2s, which is what's needed for a 4000kv+ motor.

The problem isn't the amps as such, it's the minimum of 3s.

I didn't know what 5.5t motor equates to in kv until I gave it a try and realised it was ridiculously overpowered for a 2wd MT.

Arh... got ya.  I thought you were saying that the amp rating was effecting the speed...as in a truck with same motor, same battery, gearing etc would be faster when fitted with a 150a esc than say an 80a esc... :doh:  My bad...!!!

If you're after a 2-3s esc then RCMart are doing the new Quicrun 120a sensored/sensorless esc for £33, + shipping though which I guess will be around a fiver.  And unlike the sensorless only quicruns, it's not 'officially' waterproof, but no doubt 5 mins with the silicone sealer / plastidip would sort that out.

23 hours ago, bertberr said:

Arh... got ya.  I thought you were saying that the amp rating was effecting the speed...as in a truck with same motor, same battery, gearing etc would be faster when fitted with a 150a esc than say an 80a esc... :doh:  My bad...!!!

If you're after a 2-3s esc then RCMart are doing the new Quicrun 120a sensored/sensorless esc for £33, + shipping though which I guess will be around a fiver.  And unlike the sensorless only quicruns, it's not 'officially' waterproof, but no doubt 5 mins with the silicone sealer / plastidip would sort that out.

Have you got a link to that one please?

I've not actually seen that one.

The sale of this 150 would cover that as well.

Although I am a bit annoyed at RCmart atm, I had $24 in points and they've disappeared, assuming they've expired, which I think is daft as I've earned them from buying stuff.