• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DX4S vs DX4C?

almighty15

both will be just as reliable and should have near enough equal signal strength, but if you just after the basic features get the DX3C, its good and has all the things you will need and more, if you get the 3S i reckon you wont use half the feature and its alot more money than the 3c

I personally think there both great radios but, if I were in need of one I would buy the most future proof one and also go for a dx4s....

Saying that, that's exactly what I did and still to this day love it, very comfy to hold for long periods of time too.

Another vote for the 4s. Really happy with mine, as Gaz says nice and comfy. Comes with 3 different size grips to suit different hand sizes. Backlit screen is a big plus, simple menu layout. Not had any issues with range.

No not at all, it just seem that if your "Not really interested in loads of features ( Just the basics )" the DX4S is just overkill, ive owned both units and theyre of high quality and ive no doubt they would last just as long as each other. 

Edited by kristian1995

I needed 2 receivers anyway and got a few extra quid knocked of the S so it wasn't that much more expensive really.

Just got to figure out how to use AVC on my Baja without having to take out my fail safe from channel 3.

Edited by almighty15

I needed 2 receivers anyway and got a few extra quid knocked of the S so it wasn't that much more expensive really.

Just got to figure out how to use AVC on my Baja without having to take out my fail safe from channel 3.

If it's a switchblade then just use an rx with no avc. I never managed to get it to work with avc. The avc rx now lives in my mini revo where it will probably live forevermore

Aye, you shouldn't need AVC on a Baja. AVC really only comes into its own when you need to name a twitchy chassis that cannot be sorted by conventional means. The Baja should be fine without it. AVC is easy enough to disable - just plug a second bind plug into the "disable" socket when binding, and the receiver works like a normal 4-channel.

I find the DX4C perfect for my usage, it has enough features for me, and for a good price. I don't race, only bash and don't require any more features, batteries seem to last a while in it too.

• Like 1