• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noj's PMT

Noj

Nothing is unbreakable, including the non breakable glasses frames I had as a youth, which despite being able to survive being driven over, were broken three times by sitting on my face....anyway.... :whistling:

launched the PMT full pelt down a grass bank, tyres ballooned, went off line, caught tuft of coarse grass and game over, passenger time, waiting to see where she'll land, then you hear it.....

the unmistakable sound of breaking plastic....

on she rolls, finally coming to rest upside down in the grass. Time to begin the walk of shame, heart beating, sweaty palms, pound signs flashing before your eyes.....

Cautiously, pick up the truck, start the examination and then, suddenly, there it is....your beloved MT damaged, broken, a shadow of her former self...

PMT01DSCN2671_zpszsagmbic.jpg

PMT01DSCN2672_zpszkunyntt.jpg

:xd:  :xd:  :xd:  :xd:  :tease:  :tease:  :tease:  :tease:

Popped a shock spring holder off too, oops!

• Like 2

Very tough! Had many tumbles, barrel rolls, bounces, roof scraping....mullered a few hidden cans in the grass, been wedged under a metal fence and a Focus (parked), hit a hidden remain of a concrete post wheel on, spun off, not a mark on it :)

Remember mine has no additional bracing and is running the plastic steering set up too...

Of course, I've now tempted fate so it'll disintegrate next bash, lol!

• Like 1

I was thinking the same as Tug, driving ain't your strong point Jon...! ;)

Mine has proved to be fantastically durable too. Broke front bumper first time out, other than that, it's perfect. Apart from the body ... It has spent a lot of time on its roof on Tarmac! Doh!

At the last bash, we had two 5ives and a Yama, they quit because it was too rough on the cars! I'm not criticising them,they're expensive machines to maintain, I'm just saying that we carried on regardless! Our parts are cheaper though, so it's understandable that they were protecting their investments.

My point is, if you think your terrain is rough, come try the quarry! It's rough as! Constantly cut up by motorbikes, nothing's smooth and the stones are large!

• Like 1

My point is, if you think your terrain is rough, come try the quarry! It's rough as! Constantly cut up by motorbikes, nothing's smooth and the stones are large!

if you do come over... let me know when with more than a day notice. 

that very short bash cost me a broken drive cup on the marder.

and nothing at all broken on the brushless 7 . have you seen the quick jump vid?

I have jari, into the bomb hole! Very nicely done :)

I'll have to get my ass darn sarf this year and have a bash with y'all. Sure Clive mentioned a sofa and a blanket.... ;)