• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Flux Reload V2 ESC Fried? Ghost Servo Steering?

Sk8inDuck

The sun came out, so I went outside, with the intention of bashing my stock Bullet ST flux. Right from the beginning , I found that the power delivery was rough and the car juddered at low speed acceleration. I also noticed that when it's acceleration was fastest, the car would swerve to the right. But driving at constant speed it rode straight as a ruler.

I took it back inside to take a look. I propped the car up, so it couldn't run away, and gave it throttle. I was trying to figure out why it kept stuttering.

The turning to the right problem was caused by the servo actively moving when the car was accelerating. Then the drivetrain jammed completely. I still had my finger pushing down the trigger, and then I could smell burning electronics.

I switched it off and disconnected the battery. After a while I tried again, only to find it had no reverse. Moving the throttle trim to full reverse has no effect whatsoever. The only response I get when moving the trigger into reverse is the occasional twitch forward.

As the ESC is waterproofed, there is seemingly no way to take it apart and look inside. I also noticed that the waterproof silicone type covering around the external capacitor's connections where split and had holes. Maybe some water got it and ruined... only the reverse function...?

I would put my money on the power problems being due to the supposed waterproof ESC getting wet, or suffering damaged due to a huge build up of electrical resistance internally, but I'm baffled by the ghost servo steering. Can anyone shed some light? Can I fix my ESC, or is it replacement time?

For the price of a 60a esc from hob king...I bought one for my boys fs flux but it wasn't the problem. ...60a trackstar esc 2-3s ready cost 17 quid....and there not bad..he had one in his carnage and it was fine...so now I have it as a spare...unless u can open urs up id just buy a new one...u may have to butcher it to open it up though. ...

Edited by evssv