• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best rc drift car

BN17VTEC

Hi guys

I have had a tt01 for a while now was pretty cool to start off with

Didn't really wanna spend big money on it but now it seems a little out dated ,

What I would like to know what else is out there 1/10th size that drifts well

Was looking at upgrading to a TA-05 CS is this a good platform to go to , I'm ideally

Looking for a good set up drifting , not for touring.

Also I brought a good sensored brushless power system would this fit a TA05

The specs are ; CHEETAH10.5T 60A sensored brushless motor & ESC

Hi guys

I have had a tt01 for a while now was pretty cool to start off with

Didn't really wanna spend big money on it but now it seems a little out dated ,

What I would like to know what else is out there 1/10th size that drifts well

Was looking at upgrading to a TA-05 CS is this a good platform to go to , I'm ideally

Looking for a good set up drifting , not for touring.

Also I brought a good sensored brushless power system would this fit a TA05

The specs are ; 10.5T 60A sensored brushless motor & ESC

Edited by BN17VTEC

it all depends on how much you want to spend iam guessing a few quid going by what you said about the tt01 have you looked at the sakura d3 there supposed tobe quite good and the esc and motor would be good in it.

i have a tc4 with a fusion 10.5t and 80a esc on it it seems really good so far but i have`nt tried it with the brushless setup yet crappy weather up here but with a brushed setup it did drift really good though not in my hands as iam still learning 

Hey,

you can find a quick breakdown of different chassis here http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/197554-drift-chassis-overview/

There is no 'best' drifter. Just one that suits you best. MST do some amazing drifters, the HPI Sprint 2 is a great drift platform for the money and the 3Racing Sakura is fantastic. 

Best off first setting a budget, then working out what weight layout you want. 

The TT-01 isn't outdated it just can become a money pit quite easily. A TA-05 is a good chassis and you can get VDF kits to make it a TA-05 VDF which is a fantastic drifting chassis. 

Personally I run a D3 and I have just picked up a second one. For the price they are good kits and easy to build. Out of the box there are only a few minor issues and the front weight balance drivers great. It can also be converted to a RWD chassis with up to 80/85 degrees of steering. Parts support is pretty good and upgrades are cheap!

The MST drifters get a lot of love and have great parts support thanks to MST in the UK. Yokomo kits are second to none but parts can be a pain to get and very expensive.