• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Why is this so fantastically cheap ?

wangerman69

Oh ok

will look for something more meaty

my mate has a Schuamcher Cat K1 I know its completley different being a 1/10 buggy but he is in it nearly a grand and that damn things breaks every run.

I've had a couple of 'close encounters' with Yama buggies. Really need to be breaded and deep fried.....

On the one hand, they are cheap to buy and spares are really cheap too. Not as cheap as Nitrotek's customer service though....

Upgrades are not really available. A few guys had a go at making some alloy parts, but I don;t know if the things were/are still available. They come with a cheap engine/carb which is frankly awful. The carb makes the car almost unusable.

I had a local member bring one round that refused to run/idle, and swapping a used Walbro on transformed it. There is masses of slop in most of the moving parts, and the suspension really isn;t able to cope with the car at all.

Used mildly, on flat surfaces, they will be OK ... but start abusing them, and the things don't last long. Jump it and it has a life expectancy about the same as an ice-cube in a deep fat fryer.

Fit a tuned pipe, Walbro carb, decent filter ... and upgrade the running gear, and servos....and shocks...and I reckon you could make a half decent car. Trouble is...by the time you did all of that, you could have spent less and bought a better car.

main body shell is what you see flying off, i forgot to put the clips on it before the jump.

the dark soul rod end came undone and i lost control near the ramps, causing the unstable flight and bad landing.

apart from needing new spring retainers (which i already had) a rear shock cap snapped from the ball rod.

i also broke the gh racing front tower supports (along with all 4 screws) one of the first mods i did, i assumed the stress from use over years ment that jump took it too far.

Edited by Thunderwolf
  • Like 1