Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wangerman69

Why is this so fantastically cheap ?

20 posts in this topic

Because its not in any way a BAJA,

In fact it is almost a third generation XRC2, the yamas are improved though, There is a big difference in quality, even to a KM is huge, I used to own a XRC and it was terrible. But for that money you would be better spending

I somehow knew there would be a catch

Cheers for the info

I am guessing parts supply would be non existent

Parts are in fact not that hard to get for them.

They just have to be purchased on every outing, which is something you don't want.

Oh ok

will look for something more meaty

my mate has a Schuamcher Cat K1 I know its completley different being a 1/10 buggy but he is in it nearly a grand and that damn things breaks every run.

Cheers sir

To the untrained eye ie me that doesnt look much different to my mate Bob's old HPI Baja and that thing has got to be about 10 years old now

They aren't that different, the KM build quality has improved and are now considered good vfm.

They aren't that different, the KM build quality has improved and are now considered good vfm.

I think he means the Yamma :)

Oops

I shall go boil myself in oil as punishment.

1 person likes this

Do it twice over to be sure.

I've had a couple of 'close encounters' with Yama buggies. Really need to be breaded and deep fried.....

On the one hand, they are cheap to buy and spares are really cheap too. Not as cheap as Nitrotek's customer service though....

Upgrades are not really available. A few guys had a go at making some alloy parts, but I don;t know if the things were/are still available. They come with a cheap engine/carb which is frankly awful. The carb makes the car almost unusable.

I had a local member bring one round that refused to run/idle, and swapping a used Walbro on transformed it. There is masses of slop in most of the moving parts, and the suspension really isn;t able to cope with the car at all.

Used mildly, on flat surfaces, they will be OK ... but start abusing them, and the things don't last long. Jump it and it has a life expectancy about the same as an ice-cube in a deep fat fryer.

Fit a tuned pipe, Walbro carb, decent filter ... and upgrade the running gear, and servos....and shocks...and I reckon you could make a half decent car. Trouble is...by the time you did all of that, you could have spent less and bought a better car.

I somehow knew there would be a catch

Cheers for the info

I am guessing parts supply would be non existent

plus you cant run it at the track so you'd be as flummoxed as an oil boiler with no oil  :tease:

baja jumps first.

yama jumps after

Yeah they are useless, also Wolfy, how much damage did your baja sustain from that jump?

Ouch! One mashed yama...

Looked like a rear wing off to me...and nowt else! Loony lol

I actually though't that may have been the main bodyshell going off. 

Hopefully he will put us out of our misery soon

main body shell is what you see flying off, i forgot to put the clips on it before the jump.

the dark soul rod end came undone and i lost control near the ramps, causing the unstable flight and bad landing.

apart from needing new spring retainers (which i already had) a rear shock cap snapped from the ball rod.

i also broke the gh racing front tower supports (along with all 4 screws) one of the first mods i did, i assumed the stress from use over years ment that jump took it too far.

Edited by Thunderwolf
1 person likes this

Cheap landing, a testament to the Baja and your build. We run stock arms on the B and they are very durable indeed...well, not that our lass has launched it that high....lololol

1 person likes this