• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

i plugged my lipo in and the plug started to smoke anyone know why.

RCbutcher

We have land scapers in and i thought ide tear the slash around the mud pit theyve made and as soon as i plugged the lipo in it started to smoke and now it wont fit the flux esc but seems fine on the sc8 esc.

I checked pos and neg are correct. Im nervious now it was only conected a second but has melted the esc plug alittle. Im worried the esc is junk now too. Since it wont even flash when i touch the terminals.

And to top it off the workers are here now and its time for me to leave damn it. I bet theyll have filled the holes by tonight aswel gutted probably the most exciting terrain ive seen for my rc and right on my door step.

No mate but youve anwserd it i left out a crucial peice of info to keep options open. I fitted a new plug right before it happend plus only had a tiny amount of solder. Does this mean the esc is most likly fried. I only saw smoke from the plug and the esc side took the worst the lipo looks fine except a tiny little mark but works on my other esc.

Another thing is the flux esc wires have afew cuts and to try to minimize stress on the new solds i taped both wires together.

Now if i force the lipo to the flux esc nothing happens at all mayb the plug isnt going in far enough or i blew the esc which i hope now lol i did use flux when i solderd but i didnt fully tin the ends just the tips (muppet i know lol)

I was just rushing to get out before the workmen arrived i was too tired ehen i got home last night so..... You know how it is lol hopefully there still digging today its a full re scape so with luck ill get muddy tonight.