• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

i am going to buy the parts for my losi (upgrades) am hopefully if my bro lets me use his camcorder i will put it on youtube

BTW my youtube name is the same as my name on the forum :)

i have just finished doing all aluminium hub, spindle, carrier and carbon fiber part which were chassis brace, front and rear towers and thats it, i had some ishu's with the aluminium hex wheel thing ! does anyone know how to solve it ??

i had some ishu's with the aluminium hex wheel thing ! does anyone know how to solve it ??

you just take the old ones off then new ones on put the pin through then the rubber band around so the pin doesnt come out again or is it the screw version you have

you just take the old ones off then new ones on put the pin through then the rubber band around so the pin doesnt come out again or is it the screw version you have

hey, the pin for the aluminium ones dont do in?? why its like the hole for the shaft that it goes in is to low! ( anyother advise? )

I have the screw version

what screw version ??

I've drilled the front window & side pods and then shifted the ESC further forward to allow for better cooling. The stock ESC just can't handle speed runs on 3s, it gives up too easily. I don't know how you guys are breaking shock caps, i've barrel-rolled mine countless times across tarmac and so far only a few scuffs.

photo6.jpg

Oh and this is what happens when your rear shock tower flexes over and breaks what it's attached to.

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

hey, the pin for the aluminium ones dont do in?? why its like the hole for the shaft that it goes in is to low! ( anyother advise? )

what screw version ??

mine dont have pins! and you can see thread where the hex is, the hex thread is slightly bigger then the wheel nut thread

unless im looking at the wrong side for the pin

what screw version ??

cant you push the drive axle through abit more so the pin will go in and have you tried the old pins to see if they work or not and here the screw version

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-Mini-8ight-12mm-aluminum-wheel-hex-hubs-OFE10W01-/290738547315?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b15e2a73

I still wasn't happy with the cooling after drilling the holes so I cut the full front window out & used the same mesh that I put on my Baja crank case in it's place. Tacked it down with superglue & then covered it with epoxy.

photo7-3.jpg

how do you change the bearings in the steering knuckles?

im having problems fitting the aluminum steering knuckles!!

they should just pop out. but you may need to nudge them with a flat head screw driver from behind

Edited by mini-z-awd

After putting the mesh on the window the ESC decided it had enough of 3S and wont turn on no more.

I'm new to the world of dabbling with Brushless electrics so could someone tell me what ESC would be a simple drop in for this? Money isn't an aspect, I just want something I can swap out for the Losi ESC and have no more issues with 3S speed runs.

eZrun 35a ESC and drop the pinion down to a 14 tooth.. Thats what i use on 3s and i get temps around the 140 mark on the motor and 130ish on the ESC .. thats like banging full throttle on and off for a full pack on 3s Nano techs 40c-80c 1400mah

I'll get some pics up of mine i cut the front and side windows out and meshed them plus i got a fan on the motor

they should just pop out. but you may need to nudge them with a flat head screw driver from behind

yeah, i just found out the hard way

got my pen knife out and started prodding from different angles then stabbed myself!!

After putting the mesh on the window the ESC decided it had enough of 3S and wont turn on no more.

I'm new to the world of dabbling with Brushless electrics so could someone tell me what ESC would be a simple drop in for this? Money isn't an aspect, I just want something I can swap out for the Losi ESC and have no more issues with 3S speed runs.

like mydoddy69 said the ezrun will fit no problem and you can get one from hobbyking for around

Difference is on the 60a the capacitors are on a separate lead ..As on the 35a there built in on top .. just makes it look a little tidier, not sure why you'd need a 60a ESC for that motor or the typhoon thou

More to do with price mate, was going to buy/use the 35a but got the 60a free off a mate, the only real benefit as far as i'm aware is it should run cooler as it will be under less strain due to the motor only pulling the power it needs. Means i can use the fan to cool the motor rather than the esc.

Few people on rctech use the 60a but i don't know enough about ESC's to sugest any other benefits, but i dont think their are any lol