• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

Lol, I was in their earlier aswel, asked him to put me in an order for the RPM arms with CML and some rally block wheels, then went out for a bash and broke it. Amazing how well it handles off road, I did abuse it before it broke lol!!

The TBones I ordered will help!!

What does you order??

Aaron

hey Aaron i have ordered all the losi parts but i will not get the shock upgrade and the titanium shock shaft as i will be upgrading the shocks as people have on youtube (the shocks are from a sct i think and its the company is ofna)

i have to save up before the parts come in, are u going to get your T-bone bumpers and skid plate from ebay?? just wondering because i cant seem to find a uk seller .

Sheil

hey Aaron i have ordered all the losi parts but i will not get the shock upgrade and the titanium shock shaft as i will be upgrading the shocks as people have on youtube (the shocks are from a sct i think and its the company is ofna)

i have to save up before the parts come in, are u going to get your T-bone bumpers and skid plate from ebay?? just wondering because i cant seem to find a uk seller . Oh yea i want to see the on road tyres and wheels before i might get them!

Sheil

UPDATE:

- i have just orderd most of the Losi parts and hopefully getting them soon as he had ordering them today.

- have changed my EC2 connectors to Deans :hahadance: this was mainly because the EC2 connectors where getting warm and this was only using the stock battery, just think it would do to a lipo :angrymad::shockingscary:

- made homemade mudguards, if you are going to make mudguards make them out of hard plastic do NOT use leftover Chinese takeaway boxes. i had made myn out of a old bid file box thing. i will put a pics of it later on.

- had free gopro stickers that they sent me and vinyled the bottom chassis and it looks cool, will put a pics later

thats it for now and i will probably be at mayoors shop tomorrow as it is a day off from school lol :topbanana:

Got the TBones direct from http://t-bone-racing...ini-8ight-c354/

Order direct from them, if they break it's easier to get them replaced free of charge and they can break, beleive me, this happened to my rear TBone on my 8ight T yesterday!!

4b546db2.jpg

ooh shi* wow, its a good company because they have a free replacment f they brack !

at monarch models :thumbsup:

parts have come in which are:

- light weight center outdrive set

- light weight diff outdrive set

- chassis brace carbon fiber,

- rear shock tower carbon fibre

- steer drag link carbon fibre

- front shock tower carbon fibre

- rear hub set aluminium

- wheel hex set aluminium

- carrier set aluminium

- spindle set aluminium

i just have to order:

- front suspension mount set - LOSB1885

- hinge pins titanium set - LOSB1869

- rear suspension mount set - LOSB1899

THATS MY UPDATE FOR NOW :heh:

Edited by Sheilstar12

I am getting the hop ups already and don't have the car yet,I want to swap the parts as soon as I get the car, reading about the weak points of the car I have got the carbon front and rear towers, carisma gt14b pro shocks and rpm ball ends I have a CM26 motor too to stick in the m8 I will try the stock motor first and then swap it over to the cm26 with the mamba esc so I can compare how it performs I have a range of novak 0.5 mod pinions on route so I should be able to get a good look at what works well and keeps the temps at a reasonable level.

There are issues with steering that I have read about and the mods to make the stock servo and saver work better so I will see how it performs before I think about changing that.

The rpm arms will go on it if the need arises but not until the stock ones break same as the Suspension Mounts I will replace with ali when the need arises this might be sooner rather than later reading about the stock being abit brittle, there are loads of hop ups and you could end up spending alot of money I am trying to get the parts that will make it strong enough without having to go over board I know I could have made the stock shocks stronger but just wanted the gt14 pro ones lol as you do I can see this being an expensive little car !!!! and I have not even bought it yet :36_11_13[1]:

I might keep an eye out for a roller instead of getting a new one but they are not often advertised.

Si

Edited by silone74

I am getting the hop ups already and don't have the car yet,I want to swap the parts as soon as I get the car, reading about the weak points of the car I have got the carbon front and rear towers, carisma gt14b pro shocks and rpm ball ends I have a CM26 motor too to stick in the m8 I will try the stock motor first and then swap it over to the cm26 with the mamba esc so I can compare how it performs I have a range of novak 0.5 mod pinions on route so I should be able to get a good look at what works well and keeps the temps at a reasonable level.

There are issues with steering that I have read about and the mods to make the stock servo and saver work better so I will see how it performs before I think about changing that.

The rpm arms will go on it if the need arises but not until the stock ones break same as the Suspension Mounts I will replace with ali when the need arises this might be sooner rather than later reading about the stock being abit brittle, there are loads of hop ups and you could end up spending alot of money I am trying to get the parts that will make it strong enough without having to go over board I know I could have made the stock shocks stronger but just wanted the gt14 pro ones lol as you do I can see this being an expensive little car !!!! and I have not even bought it yet :36_11_13[1]:

I might keep an eye out for a roller instead of getting a new one but they are not often advertised.

Si

heyy thats coo..... the stock motor is quite fast on the stock battery. so issues i have had is the connectors (EC2) get warm so then i had soldered deans and they got soo warm it was almost it was going to get on fire the same with the esc, this has never ever happened to me, i was driving it the sun forgot to mention. there is a problem i just faced a cupple of hours ago which was with the ecs, when ever i was at half or full throttle and braked it make a sound like the pinion and the spur is not binding and i ignored it and my spur is worn on 1 side, if anyone nows whats happend please tell me

are the losi carbon fiber towers 3mm??

i think so... nott shore

PROBLEM WITH MY M8 ANY HELP PLEASE:

There is a problem i just faced a cupple of hours ago which was with the ecs (i think), when ever i was at half or full throttle then braked it make a sound like the pinion and the spur are not binding and i ignored it and my spur is worn on 1 side, if anyone nows whats happened please tell me, there is no stones or anything anywhere near the pinion and the spur ooh yea i was running the car today outside i the sun and the new deans connectors i attached where getting really warm i had changed the EC2 connectors because of the same problem but its not solved, the other thingis that the ecs and stock battery were so hot that i could burn my fingers.

please help anyone !!!!! :scared:

has anyone got a link to the tie rod ends made by RPM? and the better shock ends??

you will find the rod ends on ebay you can get them in different lengths aswell short or long but i has these ones in purple

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RPM-Heavy-Duty-4-40-Rod-Ends-12pcs-Blue-/400303622246?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item5d33f48866

has anyone got a link to the tie rod ends made by RPM? and the better shock ends??

As mini-z-awd said, i have the same but in yellow, matching the wheels :thumbsup: As for the shock ends there are a few different ones used and mentioned in the forums, I went for TRA1942 but you still use the losi metal part (eyelet thingy), I havent changed them yet and to be honest ive bashed the crap out of this thing, including some crazy air off jumps and ive had no issues with the shocks breaking, the only thing i've done is the cable ties on the top to take the wear when it slides along upside down!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RPM-Long-Shank-Heavy-Duty-4-40-Rod-Ends-12pcs-Yellow-/140743553960?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20c4f833a8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRA1942-Traxxas-1942-Rod-Ends-Long-and-Short-/190689270175?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item2c65f7599f

hi guys just got my losi carbon top deck and there are no holes to mount the body mounts i know they supply hook & loop tape but i can see that being a pita has anyone drilled holes for the mounts on theirs i was thinking of using the stock as a template would this be ok??

Took the rear end off my M8 today to fit the alloy hinge pin holders, I've noticed a couple things I'd like to sort before I put the rear end back in the chassis.

Firstly with the alloy hinge pin holders there's space on the hinge pin for the suspension arm and to move back and forth, any fix for this?

The other thing I've noticed whilst removing the slipper is the play in the shaft that comes out of the diff case/bulkhead, this play is visible with the top of the diff case off the shaft with the diff pinion moves back and forth by at least a millimetre maybe 2mm. Any body know of a fix for this? Can see this causing wear to the diff ring and pinion.

Edited by JayJ

heyy yea there is the part number for them is 73377 but it is for yellow i dont know the other part number but thats the ones i have ordered from RPM