• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO OWN A LOSI MINI 8IGHT!

well its good news to all as i had e-mailed RPM the make some parts for the losi mini 8ight and they replied saying they have made molds for it and will shortly be on there website. I don't know the colors.

this is a part list of my losi mini 8ight which i would buy from my local hobby shop (monarch models):

Losi:

- ?

-
LOSB1877 -

they told me it would be on there site by then end of this week

thats what they said to me but they wont be ready for sale for atleast 4 weeks they are jsut goign to show them first on the shop site. i think its just away for them to make enuogh so they dont run out as i can see loads being sold on the first day this is what they said in the email i got about being ready for sale its the bit thats say`s widely for sale in the usa within a month so we should see them a few weeks after that hitting our shores

You're in luck. We're in the final stages of completing the molds for both front and rear a-arms for the mini 8ight. We're hoping to have them posted on our website by the end of the week. They should be widely available in the USA within a month after that. With respect to availability in Scotland, as soon as you see them posted on the RPM website, contact our UK distributor (CML Distributing) and make sure they get some in stock for you. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

thats the same thing they sent me but they didnt write "contact our UK distributor (CML Distributing"

i think they only done that with me because i put scotland down as country if you didnt put naything they probably thought you were from the usa iam guessing anyway

The GT14b roll bar kits fits perfectly, losi haven't released one as of yet!

Mayoor got my hop ups, pretty much two days to come in, great service as always!!

Edited by Sheilstar12

Did you get the play sorted out on the steering, I emailed Mayoor the link on how to do it??

ummm... well when u had left he was opening the steering bar and dropped on of the bushes, and we were looking and looking and we could not see it but we for a plastic nylon piece on the floor and i have just used that for now.i will hopfully start ordering the parts list ^^ above on tuesday as i dont have school!

Did you get the play sorted out on the steering, I emailed Mayoor the link on how to do it??

no not really but i was there when u had sent the e-mail, is it possible if u can put the link on this forum please

thanks

its a shame that there avalible for atleast three weeks but all keep my eye n them incase they do it sooner or i just wait and see what other`s say about them before buying

lol yea or in white or a dye able version

Sorry forthe delay!!

This is taken from : http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/551150-new-mini-8ight-buggy-losi-237.html

I've got another steering fix tip. I used rc18 axle washers 4mm X 5.5mm and put them on top of the Ackerman bearings. They are the the perfect fit! The gap above the bearings to the top plate is .025, these washers are .020 and this keeps the steering linkage from moving up and down and it takes out a lot of slop without binding. I don't have a part number but I do know they go on the rc18 axles behind the hex pin. These are the only washers I found that will work.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJHR8

Here is the mini 8ight steering slop before video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQY_U...e_gdata_player

Here is the mini 8ight steering slop after video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6lwC...e_gdata_player

So the washer needs to be 4x5x0.20

Lol, I was in their earlier aswel, asked him to put me in an order for the RPM arms with CML and some rally block wheels, then went out for a bash and broke it. Amazing how well it handles off road, I did abuse it before it broke lol!!

The TBones I ordered will help!!

What does you order??

Aaron