• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Baja 5SCe Brushless - El Beasto \m/

Noj

i can see what they are trying to say.

basicly the leccy motor puts alot of torque into the driveline and the clutch slips too much for it.

looking at the pic i can see what looks like heat colouring on one of the metal disks which would tell me its slipping to the point of heating up the part quite alot.

i would expect they didn't test it with heat that high and started finding the pads or somthing worn out quicker or something, tbh if it works just leave it on there, better to replace the pads and disks than a gearbox or drive shaft

• 1 year later...

Over a year since this thread was breathed upon, such is life when you move house and winter descends....

Dusted down, minor repairs, waiting on packs then The Beast Lives!! Mwah ha ha ha ha!

Two 7s sets through her this morning, drives as I remember, but with less arse end bounce!

Much grass hoovered up, no biggie. No breakages at all, noticed one of the rose joints had loose screws in, pity, as I thread locked them last night. Tool kit to hand, soon nipped up.

Arches require a trim, CBA now, recharging then off back out. Forgot two body clips as well, which didn't help with the front end flapping around....oops!

Funny moment when a small dog ran the length of two footy pitches, through a metal gate and then stopped dead when it actually came face to face with The Beast, lol.

Another two pairs through, new crack to the shell, had enough juice to drive her home, lol.

Had a proper beating this afty, testing a new jumping spot off a grass bank, many launch points, not all favourable.

Giving her a well deserved rest now, she earned it :)

Too kind Tug ;)

Well, close inspection today revealed four knackered wheels. Both fronts were buckled anyway, one had a crack fully through and two partials...oops. The rears have worn hexes, hence the wobble on the extenders.

Fronts replaced, rears ordered from Silverback, just hoping they are the right width...listed as 5t/sc, where I recall the SC rears being listed separately before??

Also ordered replacement bolts from uber for the rear, v1 extenders....cheaper than buying a new set of extenders ;)

Good little videos.

I'm a petrol fan, but it would be epic to have something like this... Just don't think I'm quite ready :lol:

So just to save me trawling through 48 pages of posts, any chance of a run down on all the electrics please? :)

No.

• Like 2

Zippy 8000mah 30c packs, 3s and 4s in series.

Castle 2028, 780kv can

MM XL2 ESC with castle cap pack, 8mm bullets and no spark

Hitec steering servo.

17/57 gearing with PCSC still in use.

Flysky radio gear.

Kraken x2 chassis

TC cage, under cage mudguard and rear shock towers

TR shock braces and front top plate

Castle conversion kit

DS Toobz and bones

SS shocks, ally spring perches, DS red o-rings, Killer RC limiting cables, stock springs

TR quick diff

RPM arms, rear skid plate and bumper supports.

Hostile rear hubs, heim ends, mxt tyres

DS/Threshold steering parts on stock hpi kit.

Mark7616 turnbuckles

KM front rose joints (just fitted)

Silverback guerilla rims, inner beadlocks, v3 outer beadlock (just fitted).

Uber extenders

Hpi 5T front bumper, stock SC rear

TFE servo mount and hardware for installing the traxxas RX box.

IRC hingepins

Pit bull RC 'tight bite' side skirts

Stock rear lower plate and other plastics.

Looking at that list makes me wonder exactly where all the money went, lol ;)

Edited by Noj