• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The NEW 70CC RCMAX

carmst74

Innovation and introduction of new motors and parts in 2011 was strong.

The horsepower race to name a couple has seen OBR introduce their twin followed by MMR throwing their BZM 50's into the ring.

2012 has already started with a bang, with 2 guys producing this new 70cc motor .

DSCN2683.jpg

DSCN2684.jpg

DSCN2685.jpg

DSCN2680.jpg

DSCN2686.jpg

DSCN2679.jpg

DSCN2678.jpg

DSCN2677.jpg

DSCN2676.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

023.jpg

The 2 gentlemen behind this creation are Ray and Chris Dawson and their new company is called "RC MAX".

Ray's engine history started in 1968 and he has been building engines and transmissions of all sorts to date.

From Lister engines to HONDA F1

He graduated from University in 1973 with a first class honours degree in Mechanical Engineering.

For 10 years Ray had been managing the HONDA F1 engine building facility based in Bracknell, UK until Honda decided to pull out from F1.

His talents has also seen him work with BORG WARNER marine, automatic transmissions , 4 wheel drive systems and managing the manufacturer of hydraulic steer transmissions for the British Army Challenger Tank.

Rays passion for motorsport lead him to build engines and bikes for Minimoto Racing together with Chris.

MMR's 40 and 50cc were designed , developed and built by Ray and Chris.

For various reasons that experience has motivated them both to develop their own product line of motors which will be better than the original.

Most likely more models and applications will follow.

This is now their passion and will soon become their business.

50 cc marine version with Bonzi clutch

view-6-1.jpg

Everyone is going to love this pic.

view-5-1.jpg

40 cc version with new pipe nestled in a losi 5t

Some pics of 1 of the Dawson built bikes

view-1-1.jpg

view-10.jpg

One of Chris racing in Europe

view-2-1.jpg

Looks like a UK seller/distributor? under the name of ChrisCrashD

Few more pics in a baja1.png

DSCN2690.jpg

DSCN2698.jpg

DSCN2707.jpg

DSCN2705.jpg

DSCN2708.jpg

DSCN2709.jpg

DSCN2710.jpg

DSCN2712.jpg

And a Vid

Kris, you can make out in the pics it's a polini top end :)

The only problem i can see with this is killing diffs etc. although most runners will be on the dunes with lockers i guess.

Kris, you can make out in the pics it's a polini top end :)

The only problem i can see with this is killing diffs etc. although most runners will be on the dunes with lockers i guess.

I would be supprised if your could get a well maintained baja ss diff to break for one key reason. The tyres, even the best tyres will spin before the diff gives in, whitch is kind of handy when baja diffs cost

Think his 40cc will be better seller than these and is good that the blackbone gears fit it aswell... I would say this will take over from the bzm 50 aswell be cheaper as mmr not selling it with there crazy mark up...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Edited by sonic2810

these big engines always have me in 2 minds about them.

on the one hand, they are rather impractical, expensive, and not much good for anyone who doesnt run on sand

on the other, its brilliant being able to have a remote control 'toy' car, with a bigger engine than a chavped/hair dryer

at the moment, it is the latter that is ruling my judgement, so thats awesome, just plain awesome.

Any admin about?

Something wierds gone one here....

Louder was saying something about "look at the size of that man on that superbike"

And I said:

"Eee's not ah man, Eee's an Ohgehh!"

And according to my Email when I was reading my inbox, Nosmonkey had quoted something about it.... God knows what because when I came here to see what it was Both my post, and whatever nos monkey had written was gone....

Was there something innapropriate about it?

If so, could the admin who deleted Nosmonkeys Post PM what he said... The curiosity is burning :tease:

Yes, it had nothing to do with the original post, so it was classed as off-topic and it was deleted, along with all the other off-topic posts.

if its not RC, don't post about it.

What was really so off topic about it? It was on topic humor about the Mini Moto's that were mentioned and pictured in the article itself, and very relevant considering the background of these new RC gassers is closely tied in with the engines in those little ridden machines due to their purpose in generating high power to size/weight ratio converging together and even sharing the same engineering background hence the mentioning in the article....

Despite there not being any sticky topic stating rules against even a little of it, Is humor now a heinous crime within the news discussion area?

To be eradicated mercilessly wherever found?

If it is indeed now an unspoken rule, It is a travesty! and a conspiracy of the gray and suited powers that be, attempting to drain the fun out of an area of discussion about things entirely dedicated to fun, What is RC if not a thing of cheerful enjoyment, Fun!?

The act of removing excess off topic posts, one of the duties you have been entrusted with is all very well, even laudable!

But it is also something that can also be over enacted, such as in the case of an allergy, involving an over active immune system overreacting to the slightest amount of a certain particle it has a particular disagreement with.....

And I believe this may-haps be such a case? Though I still do not yet know what was spoken by NosMonkey alongside said quote, perhaps it was of such particular and personal irritation to you that you simply had to Annihilate said post by NosMonkey, and ferociously hunt down and obliterate all and anything related to it?....

Just don't take anything I say too seriously X-)

Edited by GorillaZilla

What was really so off topic about it? It was on topic humor about the Mini Moto's that were mentioned and pictured in the article itself, and very relevant considering the background of these new RC gassers is closely tied in with the engines in those little ridden machines due to their purpose in generating high power to CC ratio converging together and even sharing the same engineering background hence the mentioning in the article....

Despite there not being any sticky topic stating rules against even a little of it, Is humor now a heinous crime within the news discussion area?

If it is indeed now an unspoken rule, It is a travesty! and a conspiracy of the gray and suited powers that be, attempting to drain the fun out of an area of discussion about things entirely dedicated to fun, What is RC if not a thing of cheerful enjoyment, Fun!?

The act of removing excess off topic posts, one of the duties you have been entrusted with is all very well, even laudable!

But it is also something that can also be over enacted, such as in the case of an allergy, involving an over active immune system overreacting to the slightest amount of a certain particle it has a particular disagreement with.....

And I believe this may-haps be such a case? Though I still do not yet know what was spoken by NosMonkey alongside said quote, perhaps it was of such particular and personal irritation to you that you simply had to Annihilate said post by NosMonkey, and ferociously hunt down and eradicate all and anything related to it....

Gonna put this simply, wise up :rolleyes:

Point number four, posted nearly 7 years ago.

• No spam, this means posts that are irrelevant to the forum or topic.