• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Took the 5th scale out for the first time since I bought it, over 2 months ago!
Bit apprehensive at first but oh my, what a piece of kit, was going to sell it but had so much fun this afternoon.
I now understand all the hype around these, they really do handle superb and behave just how you want a short course style truck too!!

Got it dirty!!

32303325931_9ea92f67ed_b.jpg5ive1 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

31581084954_e7f5d684db_b.jpg5ive 3 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

31581083924_9878414f38_b.jpg5ive2 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

wheres the on board footage then [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Wirralnitronoob I went to turn it on only to realise i'd left the SD card at home :lol: I've returned home and still can't find it so going to have to go out and buy one tomorrow.

I was on my own so couldn't get any moving footage with my dslr, Will have to try get some though especially of the dog chasing it around I was in stitches:lol:

Never seen a shihtzu run so fast in my life. Have to be damn careful though, a 10th buggy would do some damage if it hit him let alone 25kg's of 5t, don't fancy explaining to the missis how I managed to run over our precious pooch!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bombercountynick said:

Took the 5th scale out for the first time since I bought it, over 2 months ago!

Bit apprehensive at first but oh my, what a piece of kit, was going to sell it but had so much fun this afternoon.

I now understand all the hype around these, they really do handle superb and behave just how you want a short course style truck too!!

Got it dirty!!

32303325931_9ea92f67ed_b.jpg5ive1 by Nicholas Simpson,

Are you using a lot of droop or are those shocks VERY soft? Looks a little low to the ground to me. Having said that I dont own a 5 so could be wrong....

@cookie666uk Haven't played around with any suspension settings yet this was the first time i've used it! Does look a little low at the front in that shot though, I'll have a proper look at it tomorrow when i've cleaned it up. Shocks don't feel soft so it will most likely be the ride height/droop (like you say) is incorrect.

Had a good RC day today. Started with a walk in the woods with my MF-01X Suzuki Jimny all-weather runner, which got it good and muddy. Then home to clean it up again, which was simply a case of rinsing it under the kitchen tap thanks to its fully waterproof electrics, sealed bearings and gearboxes.

While the MF-01X dried on the radiator I disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt the ball diff on my F103 and balance charged my LiPos in preparation for tomorrow's racing, and cycled a few of my NiMH stick packs so that my nephews can use them in their cars as they are coming racing too for the first time.

Then it was a quick re-lube of the MF-01X, followed by packing the track bag for tomorrow, and now off to bed!

30 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

When you're ready to sell it I want first dibs, please :)

I feel like I'm becoming like @.AJ. with people waiting around for me to sell them ;) getting a reputation for not keeping models for long

Edited by ostewart

Just now, ostewart said:

I feel like I'm becoming like @.AJ. with people waiting around to sell them ;) getting a reputation for not keeping models for long

Sorry, didn't actually mean that how it sounded lol.

Just, if you do come to sell it, I've wanted one since they were released, so drop me a PM before posting it if you don't mind (if you get to that point of course) :good:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Orange springs sort that out :) unless H had the droop set right down.

Is that for the 5ive matey?

I've just checked the droop screws and they are pretty much wound all the way out on the front, so there is no droop on the front what so ever.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, bombercountynick said:

Is that for the 5ive matey?

I've just checked the droop screws and they are pretty much wound all the way out on the front, so there is no droop on the front what so ever.

Cheers.

Yes mate, the stock blue springs are known for being a tad soft for most folk and they usually go orange or red all round or a mix of them both.

Fronts; http://abbotsrc.co.uk/5IVE-T-ORANGE-FRONT-SPRINGS-142LB-RATE2-LOSB2967-P5511132.aspx

Rears; http://abbotsrc.co.uk/5IVE-T-REAR-ORANGE-SPRINGS-107-RATE-2-LOSB2973-P5511125.aspx

Or if you don't like those colours, DDM offer some as well in black and chrome.

http://www.davesmotors.com/ddm-hd-shock-springs-for-losi-5ive-front-and-rear-3-tension-options-.html

They will perk it up no end :)

Took my old mardave out for the first time in 10+ years, Think the old 27T brushed motor i put in it might be a bit much as it just span out with anything over half throttle 

IMG_2684_zpsvo3wkkje.jpg

Now going to pull the electrics out of there and going to put it in my old fireblade evo and see if i can get that going for tomorrow.