• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Trial fit the motor for my x1 brushless conversion :)

re build the front/rear diff's (already done the centre)

Rebuild the rear shocks.

Just need a few more bits can't wait to get it up and running!

31066373540_276c6b71bc_b.jpgbrushless conversion2 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

31291234922_92074ed0b5_b.jpgbrushless conversion by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

Finally made a better bodyclip bracket for the truggy. Now to go break something :lol:

31399720466_07c825cb01_b.jpgbodyclip1 by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

Edited by bombercountynick
  • Like 1

Finally got round to letting the losi 5 loose, unfortunately it was in the back garden and not the mmr track as planed (ASBO was Sick so daddy daycare today) apart from a few of my blonde moments I loved it and the wife still knows nothing about it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upped the pinion size on my x1 CRT to a 16t and by God she was ripping this morning in the frost. Either that or I've found the sweet spot on the picco! She's wanting to pop wheelies which is a first, having to lay off the throttle trigger for once to catch some grip :P

• Like 1

Well as they say, RTR = Read To Rebuild, e-firestorm flux arrived so changed the servo out for a stronger and quicker one, 40wt oil in front shocks, 35wt in rear shocks, and changed the terrible stock grease in the diff to 20,000wt diff oil.

Also changed the pinion to 20t and connector to XT60 instead of stock Deans.

All ready for it's maiden bash.

8 minutes ago, lazkopat said:

Why would wd40 be bad idea? it's the ideal stuff for rustfree metal parts on you're RC! 

It strips oil out of bearings, anything oil/grease filled it gets into and is really not good for anything electrical.

GT85 is the stuff, spray on, wipe off, water dispersed and a nice, Teflon coating on all parts (I wouldn't spray it directly on electrics, btw, but it can be wiped over casings).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lazkopat said:

Why would wd40 be bad idea? it's the ideal stuff for rustfree metal parts on you're RC! 

The opposite. As much as it looks good, it eats away any lube and oil etc, and acts like a magnet for dust next time you use it. Use GT85 OR a nitro cleaner in future. Wd40 should be nowhere near your RC IMO. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Guns said:

The opposite. As much as it looks good, it eats away any lube and oil etc, and acts like a magnet for dust next time you use it. Use GT85 OR a nitro cleaner in future. Wd40 should be nowhere near your RC IMO. 

I don't spray it on electrics etc, only metal, been using it for donkeys years me and hobby friends. I'm happy with wd40 :good: