• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

after two years i finally convinced the mrs to come and play with 'the toys'. she seemed to have fun although we broke a front hub and a stone got in between the spur and pinion on the blitz. all fixed now. todays challenge is to replace most of the bearings on the hyper.....

• Like 1

Wife and young lads away for a few days, so when I'm not painting fences, I'm setting up the X-Maxx a bit - still waiting on a couple of little parts (and the wheels, but that's another story not answered yet!!).

Very strange in that when I switch on, wheels are centred, and steer quickly left / right ('ish' - standard 'X' servo) and I get full lock both sides without problem.

I'm running HK 65-130C 5k mAh 3S Nanos into an XL2, through a Traxxas Rx then to a Toro Beast X524 910 kV (58 / 102 mm).

Plugged all in, randomly - was another question I asked once - and all's correct immediately, forwards full power, rear not quite, just as it should, BUT ....

When I hold on full power - no wheels, 6S (2x 3S series) - it starts to steer to one side, up to full lock.

I seem to be able to steer one way and the other, but steering time is perhaps 5x slower than with no motor power.

When I stop, the steering centres again, and full speed is restored.

I think there's not enough power getting to the servo, that's without wheels on!

I remembered I have a few HK SBEC 20A jobbies around, so I'm going to wire in one of these and see if that solves it - not sure when - today or tomorrow.

Problem is there's BTCC from Rockingham, F1 from Spa, and the weather forecast is reasonable (dry!!) for today / tomorrow, so I'm going to be a busy chappie.

I think it should sort it.

Next I'll possibly be looking at that B50 Bluebird servo with the adaptor plate somewhere down the road I reckon!

Al.

8 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Wife and young lads away for a few days, so when I'm not painting fences, I'm setting up the X-Maxx a bit - still waiting on a couple of little parts (and the wheels, but that's another story not answered yet!!).

Very strange in that when I switch on, wheels are centred, and steer quickly left / right ('ish' - standard 'X' servo) and I get full lock both sides without problem.

I'm running HK 65-130C 5k mAh 3S Nanos into an XL2, through a Traxxas Rx then to a Toro Beast X524 910 kV (58 / 102 mm).

Plugged all in, randomly - was another question I asked once - and all's correct immediately, forwards full power, rear not quite, just as it should, BUT ....

When I hold on full power - no wheels, 6S (2x 3S series) - it starts to steer to one side, up to full lock.

I seem to be able to steer one way and the other, but steering time is perhaps 5x slower than with no motor power.

When I stop, the steering centres again, and full speed is restored.

I think there's not enough power getting to the servo, that's without wheels on!

I remembered I have a few HK S-BEC 20A jobbies around, so I'm going to wire in one of these and see if that solves it - not sure when - today or tomorrow.

Problem is there's BTCC from Rockingham, F1 from Spa, and the weather forecast is reasonable (dry!!) for today / tomorrow, so I'm going to be a busy chappie.

I think it should sort it.

Next I'll possibly be looking at that B50 Bluebird servo with the adaptor plate somewhere down the road I reckon!

Al.

It works!!

It's alive!!

Truth be told, it probably was before. I'm a typical 'old man' and don't need manuals, well mostly anyway ....

I thought I'd keep the electronics side 'original' and not 'go Spektrum' like I normally do, so I've a full TQi 4-channel, and the 'Multifunction' was halfway on the mid-way '0' whatever that is, so I remembered reading on one of the 15,000 posts on the X-Maxx that it needs to be turned down to Zero, fully anti-clockwise.

I'm obviously getting full power to the servo now, but have full control of the servo. It creeps to full lock again if I turn the 'MF' button halfway again.

Probably never was a problem at all, but at least its got an S-BEC in it now!!

SORTED!

I'm running out of sockets, despite Y-cables - HappyDays.com!! (It has lights, fans ...)

Al.

took the blitz out to a couple of local spots. ran like a good un. did strip out the little steering link from the servo horn to the servo saver but a dab of super glue and she was good to go again. lvc consistantly kicked in at 3.6v, so i may lower that although with my 6200mah lipos i was still getting about half an hour from each so im not too fussed. glad the rc bug has bitten again.

Took Happy Tractor for a run in the park.

Happy%20Tractor%20with%20new%20wing%2000

Passers-by seemed amused... :D

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 2

Enjoyed are rare day off in the sun bashing them all with the Mrs and daughter. Seeing them smiling and discuss the best line into a jump made me remember why I still carry on with this hobby.:D

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 19:44, atom3624 said:

Continued with the wheel painting of the Raminator - trying for the yellow lines - needs to dry.

Much harder than I expected!!

Al.

Had a lot of problems - tried touch up paint yellow (disaster), mask and spray Hammerite yellow (disaster), so they're painted up red again and looking great.

I've got some good 'ol Humbrol enamel and several different-sized brushes on their way to hand-paint.

Got to work as it'll look great!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

After having my X-ray XB8 for a month I finally managed to take it to the track. Had a few irritating problems with steering and tuning but the guys there helped me out a lot, well I say helped, they did it all for me without me even asking :lol: had a good blast with it and put a few decent laps in, just got to work on my lines now :D I'll be pooing all over that ty tessman bloke in no time... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Took apart my shocks as one of them seemed a bit bouncy only to find no oil at all in that shock!

aae458027475bc0771e5a7aef9dcf2e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Leaky shock! Need to clean!

Masking tapped a load of gap between body and chassis for my ingenious idea lol took the car up the park where there's one of these football caged pitch kinda like asphalt but with sprinkled sand ... 0%traction 100% nitro drift madness !!

great fun huge clouds of sand massive sized drifts and best yet next to 0 rubber tyre wear and no sand in side the car itself 

GIVE IT A GO ?

replaced all the dog bone pins in the spare hyper cvds. used a tool i made myself. its a copy of the design somebody else made thats in the FS section. worked perfectly! very happy. i do have an idea for universal tool that expands on the design the other fella came up with. different sized inserts to do different sized dogbones (1/10, 1/8 etc)

Haf to fix my Vandal once spare parts arrived..

Front shock tower,

2 shock shafts,

Diff gears,

Front base plate,

Destroyed my front end and got sand in my diff case. Had to strip down and clean thoroughly and replaced shock oil with 35wt. Bit stiffer now.

:(

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

On 01/09/2016 at 10:39, Brandon said:

Took apart my shocks as one of them seemed a bit bouncy only to find no oil at all in that shock!

aae458027475bc0771e5a7aef9dcf2e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Leaky shock! Need to clean!

how long has that been empty  lol

Cyanosealed the edges of the carbon bits in my new F104V2 Pro kit. Without messing them up! This is a first for me - I always seem to get a bit of cyano where it shouldn't be when sealing carbon... :)

Also attended a PMCR club race meet - very friendly bunch there who were quite happy to share their wisdom regarding RC F1 setup.

Edited by XV Pilot