• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Upgrades for my Yama Buggy ( NOT hpi baja,fg,shengqi or XRC)

madmo

I have just bought the Yama buggy as it was the cheapest as i am only 14. I was wondering the way the engine is positioned the muffler/insulator is near the chassis. any ideas for a pipe that will fir that is under £100.

Also does anyone know where to buy led lights for my Yama buggy and how do i connect it to my battery pack/

BTW this is my first ever proper c car so i don't know that much yet!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

PS: I live in Pudsey (Bradford/Leeds area) would like to do some bashing.

Edited by madmo

yer, without a remote kill switch fitted the engine can only be shut down via the button on the engine case. this is great until the car is running off in another direction in which case its no good lol

a remote one allows you too turn the engine off via a 3rd channel incase of an emergency such as a servo failing etc

mine has saved me 3-4 times and i wont run a 5th scale without one now

As has been said a remote killswitch is a must with largescale cars.

Any way exhaust not sure what could fit as it is a bit of a odd ball car to be fair. It has baja style bits on it and fg style bit along with the engine being mounted like a touring car. You could try a fg touring car tuned pipe on it but if it will fit i have no idea but it is probably the closest at the moment

• 6 months later...

The fg on road pipe fits these and makes a huge difference. The positioning is Not ideally suited to hard off roading though.

If I was you I would get a kill switch installed before any other upgrades.

Edited by Jolly_roger_uk